Hurley postgame video | The Boneyard

Hurley postgame video

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
You can see he is visibly frustrated with the loss and situation. As he says, "let me explain without painting myself in a corner" regarding James that he is in a tough spot.... he first hesitated but then gave out the info. He says its James and surgeon that need to give the go ahead

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
You can see he is visibly frustrated with the loss and situation. As he says, "let me explain without painting myself in a corner" regarding James that he is in a tough spot.... he first hesitated but then gave out the info. He says its James and surgeon that need to give the go ahead

Speaking of painting himself in a corner...did PC stuff Hurley in a supply closet to do his postgame media?

Reaction Score
Only thing worse than the game was that interview. Jesus Dan. Why were your guards abysmal against the press?? Were they unprepared?? Do you ever practice against a press?? And the Bouknight thing, OMG. Our own coach has no clue what is up with our best player.

Nice

Reaction Score
In the 2 times that he addressed the Bouk questions, it was obvious that he was treading very very very very lightly. Hate to be a rumor monger, but it sure seems that there may be ton more going on behind the scenes that he either can’t say or won’t say. His body language and mannerisms when answering those Bouk questions was telling & troubling. Oof.

Reaction Score
Bouk has become a huge distraction. It sems the injury is a smoke screen by Bouks handlers at this pont, they apparently can't decide how long to string UConn along before they pull the plug. So let's assume he's done.

If we lose so be it but no more waiting for superman to save the season, man up and play UConn BB....or was UConn BB just Jim Calhoun?

Man up DH, light a fire with the guys that actually want to play CBB right now...some of the players on this team besides Bouk are BE level players so we should be able to beat Providence!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bouk has become a huge distraction. Let's assume he's done and play tough basketball. If we lose so be it but no more waiting for superman to save the season, man up and play UConn BB....or was UConn BB just Jim Calhoun?

Man up DH, light a fire with the guys that actually want to play CBB right now...some of the players on this team besides Bouk are BE level players so we should be able to beat Providence!
the second worst team in the league (gtown) just beat the second best team (creighton). a BE team without its best player is probably not going to fare well, this isn't the aac.

Reaction Score
the second worst team in the league (gtown) just beat the second best team (creighton). a BE team without its best player is probably not going to fare well, this isn't the aac.
Huh how does that reasoning make sense. Are you saying we are the worst than Georgetown wihtout Bouk?

Reaction Score
Excuses. A losers lament. Let’s blame the refs too.

Reaction Score
Providence was playing without 2 of their best players. If all we are is Bouk then what does that say, it's not year 1 of DH.

Reaction Score
I was really hoping this month long Bouk absence would lead someone or a couple guys to step up and have an all conference campaign. I was expecting like a Martin, Cole or Whaley to be the leader since they’re older, but Sanogo and Cole to an extent are the only ones who give it their all all the time like Bouk would.

We need to be running sets for Sanogo to get post touches. I’d expect people to start doubling and someone needs to tell him if there’s 2 guys on him find the dude who’s open.

Reaction Score
There is obviously something very up with the bouk situation.
Yup. These are not hard questions and Dan is very uncomfortable. Also, Dan is basically saying he has no clue how to get things turned. Milking time and keeping the game in the 60s/50s is a sure fire way to keep the team out of rhythm and passive. They need to attack and run off of misses , looking for shots early in the possession before the D sets up and crash the boards. Playing for a contested 3 with seconds left or making a desperation drive is not an offense.

Reaction Score
What's up with people confusing explanations with excuses? Happens a lot. Sounds confident, but reads dumb.
Explanations ARE excuses. You wouldn’t need them if we were winning. Is that hard to see?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Bouk has become a huge distraction. It sems the injury is a smoke screen by Bouks handlers at this pont, they apparently can't decide how long to string UConn along before they pull the plug. So let's assume he's done.

If we lose so be it but no more waiting for superman to save the season, man up and play UConn BB....or was UConn BB just Jim Calhoun?

ftfy.

Reaction Score
I think we’ve seen the last of him. I guess I can’t be mad at him. Sure first rounder and he already got hurt, probably told to just take his ball and go home. Why chance it. In a few months UConn will be a distant memory and it’s already served it’s purpose for him. Crazy season on top of it, anything can happen. The more I write, the more I’m convinced he’s done. It’s like having a super hot chick at home and your drunk at a party and an average one wants to bang you.... Not worth the risk.

Reaction Score
Thank you for speaking for many. Listen DH matter of factly let the world know what we should have known, excusing the rooks, Bouk & Akok, and w/out toughness, we are a mediocre bunch.

Rese is bringing it, not enough though. We need 14-16 a game. This means more shots. He's shooting almost 50% from two and three.

I love Whaley but he has decided to not dance with the one he came in with and JCarlton, he's crushed, kid can play, but nothing there in his spirit. Both of these guys could be outstanding as dogs but refuse. Collectively, those two must get 15 -20 boards, same with points, 6 blocks and I sincerely mean this, if only they knew the art of tough fouls to slow the flow of a player or team down, dispense of eight tough fouls a game. Translation, no layups, certainly no easy layups and tough plays on the ball to prevent technicals.

Weird how we know pretty much nothing about Richie other than he's not game ready. What is really going on there? I hear he can rebound. We need physicality, unless it really comes down to not having it to be game ready?

Our guards, Martin & Polley need CV and he is no longer eligible, boy the NCAA screwed that up.

We sort of had a good time with the "yips" b/c we were boarding the misses, now the yips w/out the boards just makes us look soft and afraid to go hard to the basket. This is a legitimate thing and there are many D-1and a few NBAers that struggle with finishing. We do not shoot well enough to struggle in finishing layups and drives.

Jackson is a big part of the future. His classmate, Sanago, has clearly benefited from more practice and game reps. Offensively Jackson has to look to score more frequently from mid-range and in w/ the occasional three. Someone in the BY mentioned the dunker spot. Pure joy. More point forward rip and go, but could better situate himself to score mid-range and in given his power and leaping ability.

Nothing wrong with what Hurley said here. He called it for what it is, we are average if we do not play hard, particularly w/out our superstar.
CV is sorely missing as he was our first scorer to go along with Bouk. We had 2 options on offense at all times to make the big shot. Now we have no one since Bouk is out. That team would have been fun to watch in the postseason. They were robbed by this stupid Covid 19. We are just a team with a bunch of role players right now and not go to scorer.

Reaction Score
Don’t show this video to any potential recruits. Can you get any more negative? Hurley pretty much says our players suck offensively and I have no answers. He’s right to a great extent but Providence has a much less talented team and they just beat us by double digits. Without Bouknight we are a bubble team at best so let’s see what Hurley can do to motivate this team these last few weeks.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom