Hurley Outcoached | The Boneyard

Hurley Outcoached

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fair criticism has been DH's in game coaching.

He benched Sanogo for last 10+ minutes with no foul trouble.

Never adjusted defensively putting in a rim protector. IDK? Akok seems to be good at shot blocking.

Nothing again from Adams all game and he still gets 20+ mpg.

Polley has a massive goose egg for several days and can't shoot. He gets those minute- 1 rebound, no assists, no blocks, one steal. Another perfect place to give Akok some run.

Reaction Score
Embarrassing. I don't care how well you recruit.

If you have no feel for how the game is going, who is playing well, who needs to be on the court it doesn't matter.

Reaction Score

Never adjusted defensively putting in a rim protector. IDK? Akok seems to be good at shot blocking.

Polley has a massive goose egg for several days and can't shoot. He gets those minute- 1 rebound, no assists, no blocks, one steal. Another perfect place to give Akok some run.
100% on Hurley. Sanogo has the best game of his career and you stay w polley (who can’t play any d) in a game that’s won on stops.

Reaction Score

13 minutes or more on the bench for Sanogo actually. This is how you loose players to other programs.

Reaction Score
I hope the reporters hold Hurley's feet to the fire. Can't give a throwaway answer when he didn't play Sanogo even for a second down the stretch when what we're doing wasn't working at all. At least see how Sanogo might have changed things up while we were giving the game away.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Cole and Polley’s on ball perimeter defense really hurt us.

Need Bouknight back ASAP to take the heat off of them. No one on the roster can take over like he can.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I guess we know our team better than the coach that personally interacts with his team on a daily basis...

Reaction Score

Absolutely pathetic answer. He needs to apologize to Sanogo and pray he doesn't transfer to a program that actually knows how to use big men

For what it’s worth that’s what i assumed all along. I felt like we were getting caught on the wrong end of the matchups.

Reaction Score
Out coaches, out hustled, out toughed, bad day all around.

Reaction Score
When you have better players, play them. Lazy answer from Hurley.
Makes no sense, the guys that we were playing were not getting stops. So Hurley's position is if the opposing team goes small we totally give up doing what was working for us. Sanogo looks quicker than Polley to me on D so give him a shot and maybe he saves our offense.

Reaction Score

Absolutely pathetic answer. He needs to apologize to Sanogo and pray he doesn't transfer to a program that actually knows how to use big men

That is pathetic. Sanogo was playing well and the Johnnies were playing small all game. It wasn't unique what they did in the second half. Same thing they had been doing all game.

No identity is the problem.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth that’s what i assumed all along. I felt like we were getting caught on the wrong end of the matchups.
Not sure I’m following your logic, we have more talented players, but we should lose because they match up better against a lineup that we can change at any time. This just means poor coaching decisions to me.

Reaction Score
Our small ballers were getting their shots blocked, easily contested and then they were giving the ball away on unforced turnovers. Our outside shots by are small ballers were off target. So we have no advantage without Bouknight.

But down low we were murdering them. Sure Martin was missing bunnies but he was getting shots down under. Our advantage today was our bigs, including Martin, no question!

When they go small, you stay big!

There's a reason they made a change, and its because our 'big ball' was winning.

Hurley wasn't necessarily outcoached but he sure got punked.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Sanogo was playing great, should have played more

Akok missed a layup and then was beat for a layup, hasn't shown anything yet

Team too weak on defense, and horrible at the free throw line

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
There was a point in this game that we were down 71-70 and had the ball. At the very least, this is the time to get him in, right? Right??

Sanogo isn't even a stiff. He was dancing out there!

The whole thing is a facepalm.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I hope other coaches don't take notice of Hurley's predisposition to bench his bigs if they go small against UConn.

That would mean like to very game a coach could go small and Huey wouldn't be able to play his bigs.

Man, I hope word of this doesn't get out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom