Hurley on Jackson | The Boneyard

Hurley on Jackson

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
To be fair, he hasn't looked like this all year, but today he was great and coach played him most of the game. Sanogo Bouknight Martin Jackson and Cole/Gaff is a pretty sick lineup moving forward.

Reaction Score
I loved his defense (for the most part... I think he missed at least one PnR switch that led to a pick and pop 3). His length was clearly bothering some of Seton Hall's players. They were dribbling and he'd get a fingernail on the ball and you could just see the Hall players confused. And he was in the passing lanes and first to the ball on a couple loose ones.

Reaction Score
In a strange way, Andre's injury shouted from the mountaintops how important he was to our offense having any kind of explosion/creating.

I was so obvious the limitations of this roster with Bouk and Jackson out that Hurley had to be blind to see he made a mistake playing so many limited role player guys over Andre early, and to his credit, he clearly from quotes sees the error he made early. Excited to see what happens when Bouk is back!

Reaction Score
To be fair, he hasn't looked like this all year, but today he was great and coach played him most of the game. Sanogo Bouknight Martin Jackson and Cole/Gaff is a pretty sick lineup moving forward.
What do all those players have in common? They are all Hurley's recruits.

We all love the seniors. They've all given us some great moments in their careers. Whaley has improved and always hustles. Polley has had some big games. Josh is useful in stretches.

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion with some, but the guys left over from Ollie's time here are not guys who should be playing big minutes on a winning team. They're useful but you need more talent and Hurley is bringing that in. No matter what happens this season, the future is bright. I'm convinced of that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jackson should be in the starting lineup next game. Passing ability, mobility, plays around the rim, and defense which will get better. Maybe we won't fail to score for the opening 5-6 minutes of the game. Really tired of this UConn trademark at the start of games.

Reaction Score
He played good the first game of the season, got in foul trouble immediately in the second game and played very few minutes in the 3rd and 4th game before he got hurt. He’s a unique type of player that needs extended minutes. Today was very encouraging

Reaction Score

We all love the seniors. They've all given us some great moments in their careers. Whaley has improved and always hustles. Polley has had some big games. Josh is useful in stretches.

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion with some, but the guys left over from Ollie's time here are not guys who should be playing big minutes on a winning team. They're useful You need more talent and Hurley is bringing that in. No matter what happens this season, the future is bright. I'm convinced of that.

Not unfair at all.

I think Whaley is good enough to be a starter or key backup on a good team. Today was not his best day, and he's not a star, but i think can play big minutes. Polley is just limited, on a good team maybe the last guy in the rotation, limited minutes, but can occasionally play more if he gets hot and we're able to get him open. Carlton shouldn't really be in the rotation.

If we were fully healthy I think those are the roles they would be playing at this point in the year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I say this in all sincerity. The least impressive part of his game was the follow dunk. I mean that makes me drool , but I was more impressed with just how solid he was within the team schemes on both ends, he pulled some boards , he had great court vision on offensive end and played with fantastic defensive, solid energy especially at the front of the press. All those things were why he didn’t get minutes before injury. We need him to be solid on both ends so he can be on floor to have a chance at that follow dunk. He was that today and it makes me happy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion with some, but the guys left over from Ollie's time here are not guys who should be playing big minutes on a winning team. They're useful but you need more talent and Hurley is bringing that in. No matter what happens this season, the future is bright. I'm convinced of that.

Well Adams and Cole are Huey recruits and seem to struggle too.

Reaction Score
We're going to hold you to that coach...

Charlotte Carroll on Twitter: "Hurley on Andre Jackson: "Once he gets a feel, and we get Bouknight back, we're gonna look much different."" / Twitter

Hurley played Jackson late. That should be a good sign for those wanting more of Jackson..... which is probably everyone at this point.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I say this in all sincerity. The least impressive part of his game was the follow dunk. I mean that makes me drool , but I was more impressed with just how solid he was within the team schemes on both ends, he pulled some boards , he had great court vision on offensive end and played with fantastic defensive, solid energy especially at the front of the press. All those things were why he didn’t get minutes before injury. We need him to be solid on both ends so he can be on floor to have a chance at that follow dunk. He was that today and it makes me happy.

His defensive energy was the absolute biggest reason why we came back. We were dead in the water down 18 until he came in and immediately we looked like the better team.

Reaction Score
Great point. That dunk is like watching a HS mixtape of highlights, but not getting the real measure of the player. Once Dre gets his feet under him he can literally impact the game in so many other ways, that the highlight dunks will come.

Reaction Score
I've been #giggetygiggetygoo on Andre Jackson since signing day. Today was amazing. That high-arcing trey...dayum!!
BYers have been complaining about his stroke .Was open. Never hesitated. Took the shot with confidence---Like he did frequently in HS.

He's not Polley but he's ok.

Reaction Score
Almost got the impression he was just trying to not lose the game for the team before the injury. I think getting a few minutes with Bouk out might help him the most. He seemed in control and not afraid of the moment today on either end.

Reaction Score

Yes unpopular because Whaley needs to play.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That 3 looked pretty good. If he ever becomes a competent shooter. MY GOD

Possession or two before the made 3, Jackson got the ball on the left wing and defender was 5' off of him. Jackson never squared up or even looked at the basket.

Not sure if Hurley said anything to Jackson but when he got the ball on the right side, he immediately looked to shoot.

Reaction Score
His vision is off the charts. He’s a natural. Smooth, in the right places, and sees the floor. Some of his passes were not flashy but very special (haven’t seen any others make them)

Reaction Score
Yes unpopular because Whaley needs to play.
I think he's been pretty good on defense and he protects the rim so he definitely helps there.

Here are his season stats. Without looking, how many times do you think he's scored double digits? How many ppg is he averaging? How many rpg? He's useful. He's just limited so I'm not sure he warrants playing 30 mpg. But I also don't think he's one of the major issues the team has had either.

Reaction Score
I think he's been pretty good on defense and he protects the rim so he definitely helps there.

Here are his season stats. Without looking, how many times do you think he's scored double digits? How many ppg is he averaging? How many rpg? He's useful. He's just limited so I'm not sure he warrants playing 30 mpg. But I also don't think he's one of the major issues the team has had either.

Without looking I'll guess he's averaging 8 and 6, double figures 3 times

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom