Hurley . . . Getting Annihilated on Here Tonight, Lol | The Boneyard

Hurley . . . Getting Annihilated on Here Tonight, Lol

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
Yeah. He screwed up.
Yeah, we win if JC is on the sidelines.
Yeah, Sanogo needed to play more.
Yeah, he let the other coach dictate terms.

He'll adjust. He'll get better. I'm guessing he'll own this to the team outside of the earshot of the media.

Is it just me, or are things getting crazier in here?
Screen-Shot-2018-09-21-at-1.29.09-PM.png

Relax You Annihilators.

Last edited:

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Yeah. He screwed up.
Yeah, we win if JC is on the sidelines.
Yeah, Sanogo needed to play more.
Yeah, he let the other coach dictate terms.

He'll adjust. He'll get better. I'm guessing he'll own this to the team outside of the earshot of the media.

Is it just me, or are things getting crazier in here?
Screen-Shot-2018-09-21-at-1.29.09-PM.png

Relax You Annihilators.
Our fanbase has been beaten into complacency during the AAC years. Now Hurley has us expecting to win, severely shorthanded, against a foe that would have been better than most of our past conference mates.

Crazier in here, in such a good way man.

Reaction Score
Someone brought up the 2004 team and although that team was stacked I wanted to see again how they closed out the game and the lineup down the stretch. Interesting that they noted how Charlie had a good first half and barely played in the second. As you know, UConn down by 8 with 2:40 to go, 75-67. Fish Fry, Gordon, Okafor, Okafor, Fish Fry. Game over.

K screaming for a foul but it was called the other way. Reddick front rimming a game-tying 3. A true masterpiece. As bad as things get, this is one of the all-time great and worst performances down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Someone brought up the 2004 team and although that team was stacked I wanted to see again how they closed out the game and the lineup down the stretch. Interesting that they noted how Charlie had a good first half and barely played in the second. As you know, UConn down by 8 with 2:40 to go, 75-67. Fish Fry, Gordon, Okafor, Okafor, Fish Fry. Game over.

K screaming for a foul but it was called the other way. Reddick front rimming a game-tying 3. A true masterpiece. As bad as things get, this is one of the all-time great and worst performances down the stretch.

I brought up the 2004 team in another thread. They were a bad free throw shooting team, but they hit them when they needed them. You can easily make the case that we are undefeated this season if we made 2 free throws down the stretch in each of our losses.

Reaction Score
I brought up the 2004 team in another thread. They were a bad free throw shooting team, but they hit them when they needed them. You can easily make the case that we are undefeated this season if we made 2 free throws down the stretch in each of our losses.
In that semi final game down the stretch:

Anderson 3 ball
Gordon 2 free throws
Okafor 2 turn-around jumper
Okafor 2 put-back up 76-75 with 26 seconds
Anderson 2 free throws
Okafor 1 of 2 free throw
Onions.

Then Duhon banked a 3 off the glass at the buzzer. 79-78.

Reaction Score
In that semi final game down the stretch:

Anderson 3 ball
Gordon 2 free throws
Okafor 2 turn-around jumper
Okafor 2 put-back up 76-75 with 26 seconds
Anderson 2 free throws
Okafor 1 of 2 free throw
Onions.

Then Duhon banked a 3 off the glass at the buzzer. 79-78.
I remember everybody talking about the free throw shooting being our weakest link. They were right, but all the “experts” kept beating that like a drum. That team knew how to close out games. They had experience.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

You cheated, no matter if someone agrees with you or not, you have to like your post with that video

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The FT was weak but the ace in the home was Ben Gordon who would take over primary ball handling duties last few minutes and was lethal. RA and DB were money too. It was Taliek and Okafor who were FT liabilities.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The FT was weak but the ace in the home was Ben Gordon who would take over primary ball handling duties last few minutes and was lethal. RA and DB were money too. It was Taliek and Okafor who were FT liabilities.
Which is why we need JB back

Reaction Score
Definitely not Dan fault the PLAYERS missing too many layups and easy buckets including free throws with pour turnovers down the stretch besides no UConn player could stay in front of their man on defense or get a stop that second half. A very bad shot by Polly at the end when cole had an open layup or teammate on his left but they decided to go for a game winner with 8 seconds left on the clock. How is this on Dan??

Reaction Score
Definitely not Dan fault the PLAYERS missing too many layups and easy buckets including free throws with pour turnovers down the stretch besides no UConn player could stay in front of their man on defense or get a stop that second half. A very bad shot by Polly at the end when cole had an open layup or teammate on his left but they decided to go for a game winner with 8 seconds left on the clock. How is this on Dan??
Your right, why do we even need a coach? Just roll the ball out there with five dudes and they’ll figure it out. Forget the fact that we’d never be in the situation to miss critical FTs except for the coach’s idiotic substitution patterns that put us there. It’s ALWAYS on the players, right??

SMH

C

Chief00

That’s why Chief tries to be balance in his Briefs after a game. I don’t focus on a issue that’s sure to get one time clicks from our beloved Casual Fans but rather focus on basketball and being realistic, playing without your star. Sure Chief thought it was crazy not playing Sanogo the last 12 minutes but without Bouknight - think of a variety of good things Dan has to do to keep us competitive?

Last edited by a moderator:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We should recruit 5 midgets and train them to dribble through players legs. No one would ever be able to match up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom