Hurley Comments on Hunter Leaving | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley Comments on Hunter Leaving

Reaction Score
So true - they are cheaper than raises. Actually had a boss back in the twenty something happy hour days - who told his staff - they could print up any title they wanted on their business cards to impress the women at happy hour. He didn’t care.
Not to totally derail the thread, but nothing will ever get me more than the recruiters that message me on linkedin. Joe Schmo, Senior VP of Technology Recruiting at XYZ Talent Acquisition Partners. Check his linkedin profile and he was hired last Tuesday right out of college. That being said, don't know the landscape of college basketball so maybe it was a good career move and if so, good for him. I don't begrudge a guy for doing what he thinks is best for him and his family.

Reaction Score
Not to totally derail the thread, but nothing will ever get me more than the recruiters that message me on linkedin. Joe Schmo, Senior VP of Technology Recruiting at XYZ Talent Acquisition Partners. Check his linkedin profile and he was hired last Tuesday right out of college. That being said, don't know the landscape of college basketball so maybe it was a good career move and if so, good for him. I don't begrudge a guy for doing what he thinks is best for him and his family.

Title inflation is the norm in the world we live in today. Everybody's a major player.
I saw it in healthcare with titles in hospitals. A guy from a teaching hospital in NYC was selling himself as the Assistant Administrator (before the change to corporate titles like VP) and his friend was the Associate Administrator. Sounded impressive when a typical 400 bed teaching hospital in upstate NY or New England might have one or two Associates and three or four Assistants.
But, their hospital had Eight Associates and 23 Assistants and the Assistant telling us about his position was responsible for housekeeping, security and the parking lots..............something we assigned to department heads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom