Humility, So Rare These Days | The Boneyard

Humility, So Rare These Days

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“It’s all just so crazy to me,” Bueckers said, “that I’m just here, just playing with my dream school, in huge games like this with an amazing team and coaching staff. Every single day I’m blessed and thankful for the opportunities I’ve been given.”

In due time, maybe as soon as April and for years to follow, we could be the ones saying such things, because as unreal as this night was for Paige Bueckers, the most incredible thing of all is this:

It’s only just beginning."

“There’s not much you can say,” Auriemma said. “I mean, she’s that player. She’s that player that comes along that people talk about. ‘Hey, did you see that kid from Connecticut?’ She’s that kid.”

Good article:

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I got a chuckle when a reporter asked Bueckers what she thought about her performance, clearly with the intent for her to express satisfaction in herself. Instead she criticized her 1/6 shooting of threes.

Reaction Score
I got a chuckle when a reporter asked Bueckers what she thought about her performance, clearly with the intent for her to express satisfaction in herself. Instead she criticized her 1/6 shooting of threes.
Like those who listened to the post game press or I was extremely impressed with Paige's generosity and humility and sharing the spotlight with her teammates. I also was extremely impressed when asked to evaluate her performance Paige pointed to her poor three-point shooting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good point. She actually analyzed what was going on and correctly indicated the cutter had to be a little bit more patient to allow the screen to get set

Patience was a attribute Geno spoke about in the pregame conference when talking about Paige. He remarked on the patience that she shows and not allowing her game to be sped up.

I think this was a good example of Paige's leadership skills. I was not paying close attention but I'm not sure how many times Paige was the cutter on the moving screen violations.

Reaction Score
“It’s all just so crazy to me,” Bueckers said, “that I’m just here, just playing with my dream school, in huge games like this with an amazing team and coaching staff. Every single day I’m blessed and thankful for the opportunities I’ve been given.”

In due time, maybe as soon as April and for years to follow, we could be the ones saying such things, because as unreal as this night was for Paige Bueckers, the most incredible thing of all is this:

It’s only just beginning."

“There’s not much you can say,” Auriemma said. “I mean, she’s that player. She’s that player that comes along that people talk about. ‘Hey, did you see that kid from Connecticut?’ She’s that kid.”

Good article:

Thanks for bringing this up, Rocky. Being a consummate player is one thing, being a consummate person is another.
Dawn was asked what she might learn from this game. How about a vote for humility?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom