How tall is Polley currently? | The Boneyard

How tall is Polley currently?

Reaction Score
New team photo makes him look like he’s 6’10+

Can’t load the pic for some reason, but it’s on the UConnMBB instagram page

Reaction Score
New team photo makes him look like he’s 6’10+

Can’t load the pic for some reason, but it’s on the UConnMBB instagram page

Tallest guy on our team. Real ##s he's probably 6'9 and Carlton/whaley/akok are all 6'8. But every team exaggerates so it's unfair to compare

Reaction Score
2019_20_MEN_S_BKB_MEDIA_GUIDE.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm looking at eyes and ears. For example, Akok's eyes and ears are closer to the black mats on the back wall than Whaley's. Could be I overestimated Springs.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Guessing...

Carlton 6’11”
Polley 6’10”
Akok 6’9”
Springs 6’8” (hair makes him look 6’9”+)
Whaley 6’7”
Wilson 6’6”

Reaction Score
Polley is functionally a good deal shorter than Josh. Josh's shoulders are at least 2" higher than Polley's. Even if both were bald -- top of the head height is meaningless. Polley's longer neck doesn't get boards or block shots. But even with the neck extension, he's shorter than Carlton. View attachment 47257
This pic clearly shows Josh is now over 9ft tall. His head is touch the bottom of the backboard

Reaction Score
yeah shoulder height, plus arm length. Josh's shoulders are probably an inch or two higher than everyone else. I guess Akok has much longer arms - I would guess their respective standing reach is similar

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Polley is functionally a good deal shorter than Josh. Josh's shoulders are at least 2" higher than Polley's. Even if both were bald -- top of the head height is meaningless. Polley's longer neck doesn't get boards or block shots. But even with the neck extension, he's shorter than Carlton. View attachment 47257

Agree completely. Neck length don't help you. Plus, it's Polley who has the hair height edge. I think Josh is 6'10, Polley and Akok about 6'8.5".

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
Any updates on 41? I don’t hear any chatter about him! LOL

Reaction Score
He actually looked really good to me at the open practice. I have no expertise in basketball, however. Let's put it this way: I usually can readily differentiate between walk-ons and scholarship players when watching them on the court together. The difference wasn't so stark that day.

Reaction Score
He actually looked really good to me at the open practice. I have no expertise in basketball, however. Let's put it this way: I usually can readily differentiate between walk-ons and scholarship players when watching them on the court together. The difference wasn't so stark that day.

Reaction Score
Other takes from the team photo:

1. Not a fan of the hands behind the back. It's very hard to flex and show arm muscles that way as it brings your arms further away from the camera.
2. We don't have a very tatted team, especially among the big guys. Maybe akok has tats but you would never know.
3. Cole has a very manly beard
4. Adams with a headband, the last adams that wore a headband had a very bad game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He's a Rhodes scholar that the coaching staff visited 3 times while he was giving dissertations on nuclear fusion. Don't you remember the recruiting war between UConn, Lville, Memphis and Arkansas? He will help in our overall GPA - was a 5* coming out of Podunk School for Troubled Youths

Back to Polley - he can be 7'6" but if he doesn't grab any rebounds - he's pretty much useless - this team needs bounds to get that fast break going

Akok - my Lord - he looks so different from this past March when I was speaking to him after the last home game - wondering - are his legs and thighs thicker and more muscular since he first got to Storrs?

Reaction Score
UCONN.jpg

Beat me to it but a zoomed out view from Akok eye leve prospective

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom