How much did Nike charge us for that amazing new logo? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How much did Nike charge us for that amazing new logo?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Presentation1logo_opt.jpg

The old logo looks like someone who is happy, relaxed, comfortable, etc. He is happy because of all of the winning UConn did when he was the logo. The new logo looks like someone who was told to "make an intimidating face" when posing for a picture. If I were going to a bar, I would much rather hang out with the old logo than the new logo.

I hate the new logo. Is that clear? **** the new logo.

Dog vs. Wolf.

Reaction Score
Warde just wanted to put on his resume that he rebranded 2 programs. He was generally a disaster.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I was a big fan of the old logo too.

I+prefer+the+derpy+1959+husky+_463bbf35508a0ce8f48f2c837fdd59bf.png

The thinking man's Husky. It may be no coincidence that "The Dobie Gillis Show" was popular at the same time this Husky enjoyed his extremely short lived tenure in Storrs. There was a statue of the thinking man at the beginning of each episode.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dog vs. Wolf.

You mean a fluffy mop with eyes vs. a Husky. I never liked the logo of that era, with or without the red tongue.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It was a mistake getting rid of the old logo in favor of a generic one and I am wondering what was wrong with the 'unique" Husky logo that was unmistakably UConn. The new logo, while not being the exact replica, does resemble a half dozen(if not more) Husky logos in the college ranks. Extremely poor decision.

It wasn't a mistake. That logo sucked and looked nothing like a husky, all white or otherwise. I went to UConn in the 80's so it's the logo I grew up with, but I don't know anyone who liked it.

Now people can bitch about the new one not being all white, and the all white versions of the new one might have been a way to go, but the old one was lame.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Too bad they can't sue us - the new logo should be all white. So stupid. The UConn Washington Northeastern Huskies.

Reaction Score
It wasn't a mistake. That logo sucked and looked nothing like a husky, all white or otherwise. I went to UConn in the 80's so it's the logo I grew up with, but I don't know anyone who liked it.

Now people can bitch about the new one not being all white, and the all white versions of the new one might have been a way to go, but the old one was lame.
Yes, it looked unkept with weak eyes and seemed to be suffering from COPD, time to retire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom