How many points will we score.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How many points will we score....

Reaction Score
I'll go something like 27-10. Defensively Uconn should be able to contain HC for 4 quarters, but I could see them giving up a garbage time TD when the reserves are in. I imagine that score will cause some hand wringing on the board, but the first game for a new offense always holds the potential for a few misfires. Ultimately If they string together some good drives that result in touchdowns it has to be considered a success.

Reaction Score
How many points will we score in the first game against Holy Cross? Under FHCBD we saw some close games against what we thought was inferior competition like this. With OCRL, can we hope to see an uptick in points being scored early on or is the talent level just not there to expect that? Am I wrong to think we can beat up on Holy Cross 42-14 in the opener? What did HCRE1.0 teams look like in games like these?
As I'm looking for great things from HCRE2.0, I hope it will start with Holy Cross, but I think we might not be great until 2018...I think we might have to much of XHCBD in the blood, so we might be in games, but I think we might be at .500.

Reaction Score
This staff was not built for Maine-like performances. I expect an injection of confidence, a culture where results matter, and schemes that improve our ability to succeed. Maybe we'll even see a punt/kick return for 6!!!

A punt/kick return for 6 points?? I thought it was against the rules....:)

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
As bad as we have been.....this game is going to be a blowout. The returning kids are already foaming at the mouth and with this OC....they will have both feet on the gas with no breaks in sight. This year...it'll be 48 or so to zero.

Reaction Score
How many points will we score in the first game against Holy Cross? Under FHCBD we saw some close games against what we thought was inferior competition like this. With OCRL, can we hope to see an uptick in points being scored early on or is the talent level just not there to expect that? Am I wrong to think we can beat up on Holy Cross 42-14 in the opener? What did HCRE1.0 teams look like in games like these?
If our quarterback is Joe Pendelton we could get a Big Ten invite the next day.

Reaction Score
32 points is what Holy Cross gave up per game last year.

Reaction Score
As bad as we have been....this game is going to be a blowout. The returning kids are already foaming at the mouth and with this OC...they will have both feet on the gas with no breaks in sight. This year..it'll be 48 or so to zero.
I hope you are right. Make sure somehow that HCRE does not wear bright red pants.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I hope you are right. Make sure somehow that HCRE does not wear bright red pants.
If they score 48, he can wear this.
plaid.jpg

Reaction Score
32 points is what Holy Cross gave up per game last year.
But UConn only averaged 14.0 points on offense last year. Doubling that for the first time in a new offense in real game mode is optimistic, hence my prediction of 27 points vs FCS Holy Cross.

Reaction Score
But UConn only averaged 14.0 points on offense last year. Doubling that for the first time in a new offense in real game mode is optimistic, hence my prediction of 27 points vs FCS Holy Cross.
My prediction....44-6

Reaction Score
If they score more than 35 points I'll go full nostical and dance naked on the 50 yard line

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
This staff was not built for Maine-like performances. I expect an injection of confidence, a culture where results matter, and schemes that improve our ability to succeed. Maybe we'll even see a punt/kick return for 6!!!

I'd settle for a punt return of 5 (yards).

Reaction Score
For the first time since Randy left we have an actuall OC and an OL coach that have proven they know what they're doing.

The sky is the limit.

Reaction Score
For full disclosure I'm not going to actually dance naked in public or in the sight of pretty much anyone. I don't want to be arrested. I'm far too pretty for jail :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom