How many points will we score.... | The Boneyard

How many points will we score....

Reaction Score
How many points will we score in the first game against Holy Cross? Under FHCBD we saw some close games against what we thought was inferior competition like this. With OCRL, can we hope to see an uptick in points being scored early on or is the talent level just not there to expect that? Am I wrong to think we can beat up on Holy Cross 42-14 in the opener? What did HCRE1.0 teams look like in games like these?

Reaction Score
I think the gap between FCS and FBS is not as big as it used to be. Over the last several years a number of FBS teams have struggled in games against FCS teams. It is important that they look at this game as big of game as every other game on the schedule.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
31-10. 1 passing touchdown.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
31-3. A hallmark of Edsall is that we kept FCS teams to under 10 points.

Reaction Score
I love the optimism, but let's not forget that this offense (without shirreffs, sure) went a month without a touchdown in the second half of the season. Also can't expect a new system to be implemented flawlessly. We'll see though. Come away with a win and I'll be happy regardless of the score.

Reaction Score
28-7.

I think the offense is going to struggle because it's a completely new offense that no one at UConn has seen yet. Defense will still be good, but the offense I think is going to take a few games to get into its groove

Reaction Score
31-3. Power running dominates. Passing game will take time to evolve

Reaction Score
I'm a crack smoker but I think we are going to kick butt next year. These kids showed plenty of potential until the wheels fell off due to coaching. 48-6.

Reaction Score
I love the optimism, but let's not forget that this offense (without shirreffs, sure) went a month without a touchdown in the second half of the season. Also can't expect a new system to be implemented flawlessly. We'll see though. Come away with a win and I'll be happy regardless of the score.

I wanna be happy with just a win but not sure I can if it's a Maine type debacle. That would just put a pit in my stomach for the rest of the season. This isn't what I wanna see but I'm going with 38-17.

Reaction Score
I can't see UConn scoring 30 but I can't see Holy Cross scoring. 27-0. Dropped passes, errant passes, delay penalties, a few O-linemen jumping early and a fumble will stall enough drives while the offense and coaches start to work out the kinks. The new blitz from anywhere defense will cause fits for Holy Cross

Reaction Score
more than before........not sure how much because unresolved past challenges (starters) are still starting, and there will be new learning curves

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I think len0322 is right- while Lashlee will control the offense, I think power running will be the game plan against Holy Cross. The score will be artificially close into the 2nd half. We'll have worn down their D by then to the point where Arkeel will start shredding them. My predition: End of 1st half UConn 10 HC 3. End of 2nd half UConn 31 HC 6.

Reaction Score
Too bad we can't add a poll to this thread: "What will UConn's first score be, TD or field goal?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Too bad we can't add a poll to this thread: "What will UConn's first score be, TD or field goal?
and "will it involve a fake kick of some sort?"

Reaction Score
I can't see UConn scoring 30 but I can't see Holy Cross scoring. 27-0. Dropped passes, errant passes, delay penalties, a few O-linemen jumping early and a fumble will stall enough drives while the offense and coaches start to work out the kinks. The new blitz from anywhere defense will cause fits for Holy Cross
I think a Maine-type game is more likely than not. I'd love to be wrong, but that's where I think we're at right now

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I think a Maine-type game is more likely than not. I'd love to be wrong, but that's where I think we're at right now
This staff was not built for Maine-like performances. I expect an injection of confidence, a culture where results matter, and schemes that improve our ability to succeed. Maybe we'll even see a punt/kick return for 6!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom