Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference. | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference.

Reaction Score
Idk if anyone checks Reddit but there are tons of delusional fans of big 12/ AAC schools that think life boats from the PAC 12, ACC or Big 10 are coming for them. I would feel bad for them but gestures broadly at realignment over the past decade.
I feel bad for Cincy. They had continued success since moving to the OBE. They can't get into the B1G because OSU will absolutely shoot that down and their only P5 chance is a conference that is on the verge of collapse.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Cincy. They had continued success since moving to the OBE. They can't get into the B1G because OSU will absolutely shoot that down and their only P5 chance is a conference that is on the verge of collapse.
I don’t feel bad for them. Dog eat dog world. Plus their fanbase is way too pompous for having no accomplishments.

Reaction Score
Wink/Nod:

OMG, everyone of "These Guys"-ADs, Reps, Coaches, "Spokesmen", etc., etc., etc., say a lot without saying anything, Double-talk, triple talk and huskymedic is spot on, "Wink/Nod" gibberish, and Plain BS.... yes, I'm aware of the Political CYOAs($), but it is old and boring, I hear enough of the empty foolishness from politicians, which I suppose is what we have here in the "Academic/Athletic" world.

Reaction Score
I don't feel bad for them. They will end up in the Big 12 with another AAC school. It could be a step up for them, depending how the Big 12 plays out.

Reaction Score
I think the only schools that are attractive to other conferences are Kansas and WVU. And the B10/ACC both would want ND, and ND isn’t going anywhere yet. So I don’t see invites being extended to either school, although I’d love to see WVU in the ACC and I think Kansas generally is a good fit in the B10.

Reaction Score
Cinci will go to the Big XII if there are at least six holdovers left. It'll be good for them.
According to their fanbase the ACC will come calling to get the Ohio recruiting ground :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

The reconfigured B12 is still better than the AAC so they probably will get upgraded, it's just a matter of how much of an upgrade.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why stop there? The SEC should just go to 18 teams. Invite Clemson and FSU and put 2 conferences out of business in one swipe!!! That would be such a cut-throat business move.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Honestly, KU to B1G makes sense for all involved. A big basketball brand with an enormous national following, AAU member, and it placates the western B1G schools after all the largely mediocre eastern expansion. Their football is bad, but it'd be a net positive.

I don't see the B1G going for any other B12 leftovers except maybe WVU. None of the "States" are appealing, I don't think B1G wants the third-rate Texas schools.
If this is true the it being about football is a lie. Can’t get much worse then us in that regard. And if that is the case you have to grab another team. 15 makes no sense. WVU makes no sense at all based on what you stated above.

Reaction Score
that would be pretty sweet not gonna lie
If a merger happens you can bet they will weed out the weaklings and probably WV. Nobody wants to travel across the country for non-revenue sports. Especially to Morgantown. Can’t get their from here

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
If a merger happens you can bet they will weed out the weaklings and probably WV. Nobody wants to travel across the country for non-revenue sports. Especially to Morgantown. Can’t get their from here
I bet they would do four 5-team pods to help with the travel, but yeah traveling from LA to Morgantown would be miserable.

Reaction Score
This is probably a better question for the basketball board, but this seem to be where the more active discussion is happening; If WVU reached out to the Big East about doing the Indy/BE thing, would you take them?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom