Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference. | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference.

Reaction Score
Or the people that think the big 10 is going to add Iowa state, or even WVU. It’s hilarious to read.
As I’m sure others have joked, why would you pass up the chance to add the second biggest school in Iowa.

I frankly don’t really know how this move will impact the B1G, ACC, and ND. Perhaps (probably?) not at all. But I hope if the ground does start shifting, we emerge as a potential candidate, whether that’s to partner ND in the ACC, to be one of 2 adds after they leave, or to partner KU in the B1G. At least we have a stable home already and it’s not life or death.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
As I’m sure others have joked, why would you pass up the chance to add the second biggest school in Iowa.

I frankly don’t really know how this move will impact the B1G, ACC, and ND. Perhaps (probably?) not at all. But I hope if the ground does start shifting, we emerge as a potential candidate, whether that’s to partner ND in the ACC, to be one of 2 adds after they leave, or to partner KU in the B1G. At least we have a stable home already and it’s not life or death.
It's amusing to see all these fans going through the same stages of grief we all went through back in 2012/13 before they ultimately realize that they're the only ones that value their team.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am curious though, if the B1G goes for USC and UCLA, how could that really work w/o taking perhaps two more teams like Stanford and Oregon in order to have west coast pod. Do you take Colorado and Washington as well to have 6 new schools to folder into the 14 for a total of 20 and organize it as pods of 5?

Or is another path a scheduling alliance in football only for the PAC/B1G in order to help spread their product? All olympic sports remain unchanged, but football and the media/streaming are combined in some sort of alliance.

I'm spitballing here. Don't pretend to have the right idea per se.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
first. I HATE Wetzel, Thamel, Forde, McMurray ... and that WV troll and the Minnesota guy. Everytime realignment rises

Not to get Political ... but this is Economics as well folks. Oligarchs cheat. The top dogs eventually want to start eliminating the others at the table. And that is ... why "trickle down" is a crazy thing to even consider It ain't gonna happen. The Natural flow beginning 15 years ago was the College Football money, with greater dollars and new technology for eyeballs, was gonna keep getting to a more elite group. That means the Washington State, Baylor, Northwestern ADs should be as nervous as UCONNs. It is flowing towards a SuperLeague and they are not gonna care about keeping Vandy along for its great academics. This is the way the folks in the Hamptons eventually scrapes the middle class in Smithtown.

We can hope. Like the European attempt at the Super League in Football. It can fall apart because the public just pukes all over it.
Um.. Trickle down economics?

You keep using that word.gif

CL82

Reaction Score
I think that the relative value of the Northeast as a market of college football watching fans is being debated.
From that post? I think it was saying that UConn isn't perceived as likely to be snapped up by a competitor league. That was one of the alleged justifications for choosing L'ville to replace Maryland.

CL82

Reaction Score
It’s funny going onto Kansas’ message board. They think they will end up in the B10/ACC as if they give those spots up.

Sounds way too familiar.
Link?

Reaction Score
Similar levels of racism and misogyny though
Nah it's not as bad on the main sports boards. Go look at the threads about Carl Nassib coming out as gay on reddit and then compare it to the twitter response. Next to zero homophobia on reddit. 50% homophobia on Twitter.

Reaction Score
Nah it's not as bad on the main sports boards. Go look at the threads about Carl Nassib coming out as gay on reddit and then compare it to the twitter response. Next to zero homophobia on reddit. 50% homophobia on Twitter.
For better or worse, most posts that indicate a far-right leaning POV seem to be downvoted pretty immediately on sports threads

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Fair point about the main sports boards, elsewhere though it's bad. In conclusion the internet is a land of contrasts.

Reaction Score
Honestly, KU to B1G makes sense for all involved. A big basketball brand with an enormous national following, AAU member, and it placates the western B1G schools after all the largely mediocre eastern expansion. Their football is bad, but it'd be a net positive.

I don't see the B1G going for any other B12 leftovers except maybe WVU. None of the "States" are appealing, I don't think B1G wants the third-rate Texas schools.

Reaction Score
Honestly, KU to B1G makes sense for all involved. A big basketball brand with an enormous national following, AAU member, and it placates the western B1G schools after all the largely mediocre eastern expansion. Their football is bad, but it'd be a net positive.

I don't see the B1G going for any other B12 leftovers except maybe WVU. None of the "States" are appealing, I don't think B1G wants the third-rate Texas schools.
Even WVU to the B1G I think would be a major stretch. WV’s best hope is that Louisville lowered the ACC’s standards to such a laughably low level that they’ll take the glorified community college from one of the country’s fastest-shrinking states because they’re good at football. Sadly, I think this is possible at our expense.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Still think the B1G picking up UConn is a smart move to lock down the northeast. In fact, if they took UMass, the two would dominate recruiting and squeeze BC into irrelevance. The result would be capturing the money train from Portland to NYC . It would make fir a powerful regional trivalent with eyes.
This is so crazy and so awesome at the same time. I wish I could "like" 100,000 times!

Reaction Score
I am now seeing AAC fans talk about how they're excited to add Oklahoma State, Iowa State, West Virginia and Kansas State, completely oblivious to the fact that their conference is about to be raided.

Is there a more delusional group of people than AAC stans?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
In Texas, they spend less than in Connecticut. Here are some facts, although we can all agree/disagree if Texas should spend more:

Annual spending per student: Texas $10k, Connecticut $21k

Average teacher salary: Texas $54k, Connecticut $76k

Annual spending per highway mile: Texas $73k, Connecticut $209k

State healthcare spending per capita (2014 numbers): Texas $1.409, Connecticut $2.235

State legislature annual salaries: Texas $7.2k, Connecticut $28k (FYI: NY $110k)
I've lived in both states for several years, and live in another state now. I would MUCH rather live in CT, or any other state in New England, than Texas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom