Hot sauce. Great cause. Terrible mojo. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hot sauce. Great cause. Terrible mojo.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

get your group together we do this for the kids.

tell pledges they can watch me possibly have a heart attack on video ( because that actually does happen at that heat rating, you can look it up)
I’m sure there is a ton of yarders that will sign up for that .
:)

and I will take one for uconn ticket project; win or lose .
I will volunteer my services preparing the liability waivers.

Reaction Score
look at what’s happened to this team with hot sauce challenge negative mojo.
Terrible injuries. Losses. ( do your research on what’s happened since hot sauce virality ) .... The feeling of dread going into every game now.

can’t we send deserving kids to games without hot sauce? I’d like to win some games here and get some players back on the court.
If you think hot sauce impacts what happens on the court I think you should go seek professional help. I actually feel bad for you that this bothers you so much and that you let it impact your life so negatively.

Reaction Score
If you think hot sauce impacts what happens on the court I think you should go seek professional help. I actually feel bad for you that this bothers you so much and that you let it impact your life so negatively.
Number one rule...if you think it affects the mojo, it does.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
My daughter ordered a variety box of six hot sauces when she was home over the summer and the Trinidad Scorpion sauce was the only one left so I used in on my eggs a few weeks ago. Whoa momma! Good thing I only sprinkled a little on. Drinking that would definitely give me serious issues. That bottle will last a looong time.

Thankfully, and thanks to @glastonbury50 , the Philbur's No. 10 and No. 14 I ordered arrived the next day.
What'd you think of it??

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What'd you think of it??
I like both. Used each on some eggs and liked the 14 a little better because it has more heat; could stand maybe a touch more, but very versatile.

I used the 10 on a quesadilla last night and it added some nice flavor and a little heat.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Anyone want to argue with me in opening premise? It’s Friday night and I’m bored ?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I got rid of all the hot sauce in my house.

Reaction Score
I went super left field to change the mojo.

Forget the hot sauce, I made okonomiyaki pancakes w/ cabbage, scallions and kale topped with tonktatsu, mayo and furikake. Savory, funky and a little sweet: no spice at all.

Easy to make. If we win and you all want to keep the mojo going, I'll share the recipe to whoever wants it.

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 12.02.21 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I went super left field to change the mojo.

Forget the hot sauce, I made okonomiyaki pancakes w/ cabbage, scallions and kale topped with tonktatsu, mayo and furikake. Savory, funky and a little sweet: no spice at all.

Easy to make. If we win and you all want to keep the mojo going, I'll share the recipe to whoever wants it.

View attachment 64569 I
I would like the recipe. Also, I don't know if you're Asian or not, but if you are not how did you learn to cook something like this that's not off a combination lunch to-go Chinese joint menu?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I would like the recipe. Also, I don't know if you're Asian or not, but if you are not how did you learn to cook something like this that's not off a combination lunch to-go Chinese joint menu?
Sounds like Blue Apron.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Blue Apron.
That would make me sad.

I find it harder to learn secrets of true Asian cooking over most other cuisines. And a lot of it is vegetable based and healthy, which I enjoy. The CSA I go to in the summer always has a lot of Asian greens and vegetables that gets me searching for the best recipes to use on them.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That would make me sad.

I find it harder to learn secrets of true Asian cooking over most other cuisines. And a lot of it is vegetable based and healthy, which I enjoy. The CSA I go to in the summer always has a lot of Asian greens and vegetables that gets me searching for the best recipes to use on them.
We don’t use them as much as we used to, but we have generally had better success with their Asian dishes than most others. They use a lot of the ingredients @Hey Adrien! listed, and I had never heard of them before, much less used them.

There are Asian markets all around my office and I’m sure I could easily get all the ingredients I need, but I like the ease of having it all prepped because it saves a lot of time.

Reaction Score

Sounds like Blue Apron.
I'm not Asian, but I live less than a mile from an Asian market down the street on route 123 in Norwalk (right across the street from a great Italian market too) The original recipe was from Sunbasket, but I altered it today to adjust to what I had at home.

Batter (for 2 big pancakes):
  • Four eggs
  • Three scallions thinly sliced, whites in the batter, greens for garnish
  • Thinly sliced cabbage, massage with salt and let it sit for about 30 minutes. After that, add into batter
  • A sprinkle of garlic powder, a little bit of brown sugar and some pepper
  • About a cup of gluten free flour (I keep adding until it gets a consistency that matches nicely to the water content of the seasoned cabbage. I'm sure regular flour would work fine.
  • Cook it just like pancakes. Since there are only two big pancakes, make sure the pan is warmed up for a while on low and I cook at a 3.5 out of 10.
Kale chips:
  • preheat oven to 375
  • I used dino kale today, massaged that with oil, salt, pepper and sesame seeds
  • Baked for 12 minutes, mixed and re-spread half way through
  • Eat them on the side or add them as a texture atop the pancake

Tonkatsu sauce:
  • Had some from the market, but a facsimile can easily be made from a 2:3:1 ratio of Worcestershire/ketchup/BBQ sauce (or oyster sauce, if you have it). Depending on how it tastes from that mix, add some brown sugar: should be a little sweet.
  • Lathering the sauce on the pancakes, I mix in some regular mayo for creaminess and funk

The furikake was purchased from Trader Joe's and I freakin' love that stuff.

Enjoy.

Reaction Score
I'm not Asian, but I live less than a mile from an Asian market down the street on route 123 in Norwalk (right across the street from a great Italian market too) The original recipe was from Sunbasket, but I altered it today to adjust to what I had at home.

Batter (for 2 big pancakes):
  • Four eggs
  • Three scallions thinly sliced, whites in the batter, greens for garnish
  • Thinly sliced cabbage, massage with salt and let it sit for about 30 minutes. After that, add into batter
  • A sprinkle of garlic powder, a little bit of brown sugar and some pepper
  • About a cup of gluten free flour (I keep adding until it gets a consistency that matches nicely to the water content of the seasoned cabbage. I'm sure regular flour would work fine.
  • Cook it just like pancakes. Since there are only two big pancakes, make sure the pan is warmed up for a while on low and I cook at a 3.5 out of 10.
Kale chips:
  • preheat oven to 375
  • I used dino kale today, massaged that with oil, salt, pepper and sesame seeds
  • Baked for 12 minutes, mixed and re-spread half way through
  • Eat them on the side or add them as a texture atop the pancake

Tonkatsu sauce:
  • Had some from the market, but a facsimile can easily be made from a 2:3:1 ratio of Worcestershire/ketchup/BBQ sauce (or oyster sauce, if you have it). Depending on how it tastes from that mix, add some brown sugar: should be a little sweet.
  • Lathering the sauce on the pancakes, I mix in some regular mayo for creaminess and funk

The furikake was purchased from Trader Joe's and I freakin' love that stuff.

Enjoy.
Good stuff. Will try for dinner this week. I have some furikake just burning a hole in my pocket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom