Hot off the press. Geno's post game presser (Warning Terrible Audio) | The Boneyard

Hot off the press. Geno's post game presser (Warning Terrible Audio)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What happened to the video?
Hopefully, they realized the poor quality and maybe they are doing something to improve it?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Found it. It’s not perfect but you can understand it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For people who can't hear the audio...

Head Coach Geno Auriemma
On what impressed him in the scrimmage:
"The crowd, I was most impressed by the crowd. I thought 8,400 for an exhibition game says a lot about our fans and how excited they are to be back in the building and see this group of players play. That was really good. As far as the basketball part, I was impressed by the first quarter. I thought we did a bunch of really good things. After that not so much, but that's why you play exhibition games. To find out what's good, what's mediocre, and what's not so good."

On having two post players in the starting lineup:
"It was the same group that finished the season last year. We figured let's give it a shot and see how it looks. It doesn't mean that is what the starting lineup is going to be Sunday, or next month or two months, or three months. That just happened to be what it was tonight. Sunday could very well be the same and could very well be different. It may be game specific this year, who knows. We have options so that's good."

On Dorka Juhász's performance:
"Well the one thing you notice, Dorka plays exceptionally hard, right? She competes and she's skilled in the lane, she's really long and can't get the ball on the rim a lot of different ways. It doesn't take her much. It was really good to see her make that three. I knew there was an airball there, I'm glad it was the second one, not the first one. But if she can make a couple of those on a regular basis, I think that's a huge help with what we are trying to do. She also plays good defense. She's got an aggressiveness about her, and her footwork is pretty good. You can see that she's played a lot of basketball, it's not like we just brought in a freshman who needs a lot of work. She missed most of the preseason so she is still getting caught up. This was probably her best week of practice so far. Her conditioning is still a work in progress, so that's what I'm keeping my eyes on. I thought she had a pretty good tempo today. She played at a pretty good pace, for her and for our offense."

Reaction Score
"Well the one thing you notice, Dorka plays exceptionally hard, right? She competes and she's skilled in the lane, she's really long and can't get the ball on the rim a lot of different ways. It doesn't take her much.
He said 'can' here. I now understand that it's UConn's excellent reporting staff that missed this. Or maybe it's AI doing it. Hard to tell anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For people who can't hear the audio...

Head Coach Geno Auriemma
On what impressed him in the scrimmage:
"The crowd, I was most impressed by the crowd. I thought 8,400 for an exhibition game says a lot about our fans and how excited they are to be back in the building and see this group of players play. That was really good. As far as the basketball part, I was impressed by the first quarter. I thought we did a bunch of really good things. After that not so much, but that's why you play exhibition games. To find out what's good, what's mediocre, and what's not so good."

On having two post players in the starting lineup:
"It was the same group that finished the season last year. We figured let's give it a shot and see how it looks. It doesn't mean that is what the starting lineup is going to be Sunday, or next month or two months, or three months. That just happened to be what it was tonight. Sunday could very well be the same and could very well be different. It may be game specific this year, who knows. We have options so that's good."

"Well the one thing you notice, Dorka plays exceptionally hard, right? She competes and she's skilled in the lane, she's really long and can't get the ball on the rim a lot of different ways. It doesn't take her much. It was really good to see her make that three. I knew there was an airball there, I'm glad it was the second one, not the first one. But if she can make a couple of those on a regular basis, I think that's a huge help with what we are trying to do. She also plays good defense. She's got an aggressiveness about her, and her footwork is pretty good. You can see that she's played a lot of basketball, it's not like we just brought in a freshman who needs a lot of work. She missed most of the preseason so she is still getting caught up. This was probably her best week of practice so far. Her conditioning is still a work in progress, so that's what I'm keeping my eyes on. I thought she had a pretty good tempo today. She played at a pretty good pace, for her and for our offense."
Thanks for all the hard work it took to transcribe this.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thanks for all the hard work it took to transcribe this.
OMG I probably should have linked the article. I did not listen to the presser and transcribe. It's from UCONNHuskies.com and click on the women and then click post-game quotes... There are quotes from Paige, Dorka, and Azzi...

Post game quotes

Reaction Score
OMG I probably should have linked the article. I did not listen to the presser and transcribe. It's from UCONNHuskies.com and click on the women and then click post-game quotes... There are quotes from Paige, Dorka, and Azzi...

Post game quotes
Clink, sip, toast. It's all good my friend. Still, thanks for much that you do here.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The audio of Geno is spotty, depending on whether he sits back or forward. The audio of the questions is terrible.

Reaction Score
The audio of Geno is spotty, depending on whether he sits back or forward. The audio of the questions is terrible.
You know, the problems with all of this were really highlighted and came forward last year during the 'Zoom' glory days. (I don't think we're to the level here of folks without their 'mute' button turned off or without wearing pants.) We are stunned watching the clarity of videos (and audios) sent between 35M and 250M miles from a rover on Mars. And yet, here we are stuck sometimes with what can only be termed as pre-teen (that's not really fair, there are some brilliant 8 year olds) technology. Staggers the mind.

Reaction Score
One thing I will add.
Piath did some good things, but she was not busting it up and down the court.
For the minutes she’s competing for, she should be sprinting it out.
Please.
Sorry for being a nego.

Reaction Score
One thing I will add.
Piath did some good things, but she was not busting it up and down the court.
For the minutes she’s competing for, she should be sprinting it out.
Please.
Sorry for being a nego.
She had surgery just a few months ago. That she's even able to play so soon after that is a miracle of modern medicine. Let's cut her a break.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno talked about a rotation of 9 (today), 10 (when Aubrey is back), or possibly 11. And he says it's not a bad thing.

He says the team loses continuity with substitutions, but it gives the opponent a different look to worry about. It also keeps his players fresh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom