HORSE Tournament on ESPN | The Boneyard

HORSE Tournament on ESPN

Reaction Score
Did anyone watch this thing all the way through yesterday? I tuned into the first matchup (Trae Young vs Chauncey Billups) and wow, was it awful.

They basically took 3's and FT's and either called bank, swish or left handed. What a bore.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Andre Drummond was on ESPN playing 2K20 against Demarcus Cousins a few days ago. My kid watches endless videos of people playing Minecraft so I guess this is the adult equivalent.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yes, it was horrible. With a bunch of guards and WNBA players, the no dunking was obvious.

However, some hook shots from 20', the ole' shoot with you back to the basket, throw it off the backboard and catch it and lay it in, etc.

Also, can't believe, even on a rookie contract Trae Young has the standard plastic molded base basketball hoop.

Reaction Score
What exactly did you expect? It's horse that's how its played

More trick shots? Behind the basket? Back to the basket FT. Behind the back. Long hook shots. Bounce in a FT. Rick Barry style FT's. I don't know....these guys play basketball 16 hours a day and the best we got is a left handed FT? It was a bore.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yes, it was horrible. With a bunch of guards and WNBA players, the no dunking was obvious.

However, some hook shots from 20', the ole' shoot with you back to the basket, throw it off the backboard and catch it and lay it in, etc.

Also, can't believe, even on a rookie contract Trae Young has the standard plastic molded base basketball hoop.
More trick shots? Behind the basket? Back to the basket FT. Behind the back. Long hook shots. Bounce in a FT. Rick Barry style FT's. I don't know....these guys play basketball 16 hours a day and the best we got is a left handed FT? It was a bore.

I'd whoop your ass on the hook shots and back to the basket shots.

Reaction Score
I'd whoop your ass on the hook shots and back to the basket shots.

I'd take you up on that.

Funny story. My best friend growing up played varsity hoops and I did not. He was always way better than me and used to crush me 1 on 1. One day, I got the ball first and backed him down into the paint and made 11 straight hook shots over him to win 11-0. That was 1985 and I haven't let him live it down to this day, even including it in my best man speech at his wedding. They also had a bench at their wedding where you could write something nice and they'd varnish over it and I wrote "I beat you 11-0 in 1985."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

It's impossible to like a Dookie, esp Redick, but I've grown to respect his "grumpy old man" attitude lol.

Didn't help all of them except I think Conley were outside and a few were talking about wind and gusts (first world problems all us playground legends learned to compensate for).

I would have like to seen some half court shots and other stuff. I had it on TV in the background while I was surfing the net. I'd look up occasionally for a minute, get bored and tune out for another 15 minutes.

Reaction Score
A buddy of mine wanted to bet on it and there were no odds (you can bet on anything). He was told it was prerecorded so no action. He was also told the winner is.....................

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
It wasn't great but I found it super endearing. Everyone doing their best to bring some normalcy and cheer in a very difficult time. Sorry it sucked for you, maybe you should consider lightening up and enjoy things for what they are, idk.

I was thankful to have something to watch while everyone is collectively going through this together,

Reaction Score
I also thought it was a snooze fest. But my son and I watched it because at this point we've had our fill of taped sports games.

They've all played basketball their whole lives and had time to prepare so you think they would have come up with more creative shots. The Allie Quigley-Chris Paul game had a bunch of free throws (Quigley actually missed hers twice I think) and regular three point shots. You'd think they could do better than that.

I can't wait until we get our lives back, including live sports.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It wasn't great but I found it super endearing. Everyone doing their best to bring some normalcy and cheer in a very difficult time. Sorry it sucked for you, maybe you should consider lightening up and enjoy things for what they are, idk.

I was thankful to have something to watch while everyone is collectively going through this together,
I also thought it was a snooze fest. But my son and I watched it because at this point we've had our fill of taped sports games.

They've all played basketball their whole lives and had time to prepare so you think they would have come up with more creative shots. The Allie Quigley-Chris Paul game had a bunch of free throws (Quigley actually missed hers twice I think) and regular three point shots. You'd think they could do better than that.

I can't wait until we get our lives back, including live sports.

I enjoyed the CBS replay of last year's Master's with Tiger providing commentary as his round progressed. Would have been interesting if CBS could have gotten Molinari to give his insights as well just to get a comparison between both of their perspectives.

Reaction Score

LOL. Okay. Trapped in a house for 5 weeks means fake enjoy something that's not entertaining. Got it.

Reaction Score
I did not watch but why can't they do a 3 point contest or something. Maybe a competition like they have at halftime: layup, key, line, three, half court or something. Dunno. Sounds a bit more exciting to me. I'm not sure if it couod be accomplished but then again you are looking at a guy who created a scoring system for a four ball 120 yards in to fringe distance, closest to hole golf competition during quarantine...

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Their trying to create new content and keep us entertained during a plague. I can’t complain but I’m sure there’s a young ESPN intern that’s pitching a late night, celebrity athlete twerk contest. He’s just being ignored right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom