OT: - Hope everyone is safe | The Boneyard

OT: Hope everyone is safe

Reaction Score
Watching the video's of the damage down in Florida from tornados and the ice/snow effecting the mid south region. Hoping everyone is safe and sound. We get our weather tonight in central NY with 4-7 inches of snow with some sleet and freezing rain mixed in.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The forecast for here in NC was 8 to 12" of snow ❄️. We got 1, maybe 2" of snow with plenty of that wintry mix stuff mixed in. However, excluding businesses already closed for the MLK Holiday, I am guessing that 90% of businesses will be closed tomorrow because they tend to announce that they will close based upon the forecast, not on the actual storm. Kinda hard to change your mind after previously announcing that you will be closed.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Very early am wakeup north of Tampa to tornado warning blaring from one iPhone but not the other (???). Lightning so bright, thought someone had turned on high power spotlights. We were lucky. Friends in Ft Meyer area reported tornado a few streets over.

Reaction Score
No impact by the tsunami here in San Diego. I'm at 400 foot elevation and the water rise didn't get up this far. :D

Reaction Score
A friend's parents live in Fort Myers FL and they got some damage from the tornado that hit the area. Thankfully they're safe.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The forecast for here in NC was 8 to 12" of snow ❄️. We got 1, maybe 2" of snow with plenty of that wintry mix stuff mixed in. However, excluding businesses already closed for the MLK Holiday, I am guessing that 90% of businesses will be closed tomorrow because they tend to announce that they will close based upon the forecast, not on the actual storm. Kinda hard to change your mind after previously announcing that you will be closed.
Geez, I hope Triad can find some bologna.

Reaction Score
Coastal Connecticut was relatively safe. Little snow or winds. But there was coastal flooding, even though high tide was the smallest of the month.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Coastal Connecticut was relatively safe. Little snow or winds. But there was coastal flooding, even though high tide was the smallest of the month.
not where i live in east shoreline. in fact, the nite before last started it, with a wicked fierce cold wind blowin stuff up, then came last night -swamp city, with plenty of 50+ gales. and ice at times. fuggly, now we got to get back to battenin down some roofs, which had their doors blown off.

Reaction Score
Crazy weather here in eastern Massachusetts. Saturday was 5. Sunday mid 20’s. 48 degrees right now. It rained heavy from midnight to lunchtime today

I was suppose to be in Florida a week ago

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I've been out and about today.... highways are in good shape....the main city roads are in good shape.. but the neighborhood streets are a mess. I was surprised... alot of places as far as restaurants and Walmart, grocery and drug stores are open. Biscuitville was open... but ran out of fried apple pies before I could snag one.

Geez, I hope Triad can find some bologna.

Haven't been to the store yet, but I think imma pass on the bologna for now. :eek:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'but ran out of fried apple pies...'

wait a sec, fried apple pies? do tell, do tell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom