Hoophall Classic | The Boneyard

Hoophall Classic

Reaction Score
Anyone check it out this year? Always lots of talent there.

We also need to include a note on Connecticut signed four-star big man Donovan Clingan of Bristol (Conn.) Central. With his future head coach Dan Hurley on hand to watch with an assistant, Clingan enjoyed a healthy size advantage over Springfield (Mass.) Central and he made sure to use it. A big bodied seven-footer, Clingan clogged up the lane on both ends of the floor and produced a triple double of 24 points, 16 rebounds and 10 blocks. He understands the game, knows where to be and is also a pretty good passer out of the low post. A slower tempo suited him and in college he'll need to adjust to pace of the game but there's no doubt that his size could allow him to cause some problems.

Reaction Score
Anyone check it out this year? Always lots of talent there.

We also need to include a note on Connecticut signed four-star big man Donovan Clingan of Bristol (Conn.) Central. With his future head coach Dan Hurley on hand to watch with an assistant, Clingan enjoyed a healthy size advantage over Springfield (Mass.) Central and he made sure to use it. A big bodied seven-footer, Clingan clogged up the lane on both ends of the floor and produced a triple double of 24 points, 16 rebounds and 10 blocks. He understands the game, knows where to be and is also a pretty good passer out of the low post. A slower tempo suited him and in college he'll need to adjust to pace of the game but there's no doubt that his size could allow him to cause some problems.

I wish they had played Mater Dei instead of the Springfield school.

Reaction Score
For the Judah Mintz devotees on the Boneyard, make your voices heard to DH and the staff. He's available again:
"On the winner's side, Mintz was the man carrying the load for Oak Hill out of Mouth of Wilson, Virginia. The available combo guard operated with his same ultra-confident and aggressive style, playing with tremendous energy on both ends of the floor.

Mintz was jumping passing lanes, making plays on defense, playing tough and physical and putting the ball in the hole. The high major prospect de-committed from Pittsburgh in the fall and remains open."

Reaction Score
For the Judah Mintz devotees on the Boneyard, make your voices heard to DH and the staff. He's available again:
"On the winner's side, Mintz was the man carrying the load for Oak Hill out of Mouth of Wilson, Virginia. The available combo guard operated with his same ultra-confident and aggressive style, playing with tremendous energy on both ends of the floor.

Mintz was jumping passing lanes, making plays on defense, playing tough and physical and putting the ball in the hole. The high major prospect de-committed from Pittsburgh in the fall and remains open."
UConn should be all over him.

Reaction Score
Top 50 combo guard - the need is point guard.

Reaction Score
Cole is a stud, I find it hard to believe Diggins won't be an adequate backup pg next season. A combo guard who can drive and score is certainly a need.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Would probably be hard with Hawkins and Andre presumably taking up so many wing minutes next year.

Reaction Score
Cole is a stud, I find it hard to believe Diggins won't be an adequate backup pg next season. A combo guard who can drive and score is certainly a need.
I disagree - he hasn't played this year so how 'adequate' could he be. You are also assuming Cole is coming back. This team needs a true high level PG.

Reaction Score
I disagree - he hasn't played this year so how 'adequate' could he be. You are also assuming Cole is coming back. This team needs a true high level PG.
You don't think we need a guard who can drive and score? That and a backup point guard are what this team is missing. UConn is expecting Cole back and he's a high level point guard.

Reaction Score
You don't think we need a guard who can drive and score? That and a backup point guard are what this team is missing. UConn is expecting Cole back and he's a high level point guard.
This team has a few needs, imo PG is top of the list.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hi Kathy - Floyd may be the answer and I am certain Sool will deliver
Not sure if RJ returns

Reaction Score
Not sure if RJ returns
Again Sool not proven and Floyd is a combo guard learning point

Reaction Score
Not sure if RJ returns
I have less than zero insider info, but why would RJ return? He's already 22 with a master's degree.. I don't see him with a big NIL deal, so it's prob time to start earning a living, don't you think? If he comes back he'd be almost 24 when he leaves. He's proven what he is on the court and I'm confident would have a payday internationally

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I have less than zero insider info, but why would RJ return? He's already 22 with a master's degree.. I don't see him with a big NIL deal, so it's prob time to start earning a living, don't you think? If he comes back he'd be almost 24 when he leaves. He's proven what he is on the court and I'm confident would have a payday internationally
Been low key concerned about this. This is his 5th year of CBB, he might want a new experience and to be paid like a professional. We’re essentially banking on him thinking this will be the apex of his basketball playing career, but he’s good enough to play in some big European games very soon. Not sure why everyone is so confident he’s coming back.

Reaction Score
Been low key concerned about this. This is his 5th year of CBB, he might want a new experience and to be paid like a professional. We’re essentially banking on him thinking this will be the apex of his basketball playing career, but he’s good enough to play in some big European games very soon. Not sure why everyone is so confident he’s coming back.
I can't say I'm as confident as some here, because 6 years is a long time to spend in college. But when even Hurley has alluded to the idea there's at least a basis for the talk

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom