Honda CRV AC repair | The Boneyard

Honda CRV AC repair

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I'm looking for a garage in the Berlin-Newington area to have my CRV AC repaired. If anyone knows of a place that I can trust to fix it without fleecing me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Reaction Score
I'm looking for a garage in the Berlin-Newington area to have my CRV AC repaired. If anyone knows of a place that I can trust to fix it without fleecing me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

AC repair can be tricky, and the wrong guy can make it worse

Take it to a Honda dealer and pay for an estimate for repair. You'll be out $100 bucks, but you'll know what the problem is, and it might end up being a quick fix if you're lucky.

If not, then at least you'll know what needs to get done and can anticipate what it should cost you.

Good luck

Last edited:

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
AC repair can be tricky, and the wrong guy can make it worse

Take it to a Honda dealer and pay for an estimate for repair. You'll be out $100 bucks, but you'll know what the problem is, and it might end up being a quick fix if you're lucky.

If not, then at least you'll know what needs to get done and can anticipate what it should cost you.

Good luck
Worst place to take it the dealership..I have good places, but they're in North Branford..I'd be happy to help been in the business a long time

Reaction Score
Worst place to take it the dealership..I have good places, but they're in North Branford..I'd be happy to help been in the business a long time

To each his own. I would much rather get a proper diagnostic. If you know a trusted mechanic that specializes in AC's you're lucky.

I went through this scenario several years ago. The first guy couldn't figure it out, the second guy tried. I finally took it to the dealer, they noticed that someone had tried, and they gave me the diagnosis.

I ended up buying a newer car. I wish I started with the dealer first.

Everyone has a different story. This was my experience. Good luck to the OP

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
To each his own. I would much rather get a proper diagnostic. If you know a trusted mechanic that specializes in AC's you're lucky.

I went through this scenario several years ago. The first guy couldn't figure it out, the second guy tried. I finally took it to the dealer, they noticed that someone had tried, and they gave me the diagnosis.

I ended up buying a newer car. I wish I started with the dealer first.

Everyone has a different story. This was my experience. Good luck to the OP
Consider yourself lucky, the dealer is a rip off..I've been in the business over 25 years..What a majority of dealers do to people is criminal..

Reaction Score
Consider yourself lucky, the dealer is a rip off..I've been in the business over 25 years..What a majority of dealers do to people is criminal..
Second this. Had an a/c issue with our 10yo minivan, and it turned out to be a sensor with multiple inputs that was attached to the compressor. The dealer’s solution is to always replace the entire compressor. My mechanic only did the sensor and saved me $100s.

Reaction Score

Thanks.
What year is it? If you have a newer Honda and its the condenser it may be covered under the new extended warranty of 10 years unlimited miles. I have a 17 Civic that I'm bringing to the dealer due to AC issues. If it ends up being the condenser I'll have them replace it, if its a different issue I'll look elsewhere for somewhere cheaper.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I’d go to North Branford if that Will fix the problem

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Heater isn't so great either. Dealer thinks it actually works well.
Both? I am randomly guessing it is the actuator for the flow control. Do you hear clicking when the car starts up?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom