Home Theater Equipment | The Boneyard

Home Theater Equipment

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have been doing some research and bought a sound bar for my family room to make it a little better sounding. These thin bezel TVs have lousy speakers. My basement houses my main system. Sony 65" 4k, Sony AV receiver with HDMI pass through, a Paradigm CC-170 center channel speaker, a pair of Mirage Omni 50 bookshelf speakers (replaced the Paradigm Atoms that matched the center but stopped working) and what I think are cheap DCM surround sound speakers. It's a 5.0 setup. The bookshelves go to 55hz so I never bought a subwoofer, but the sound bar research has changed my mind on that. Most of cheap ones don't have enough frequency response to be worth the effort, some only go to 50hz. Now I'm even considering upgrading my surrounds.

Anybody know a lot about subwoofers? This Omni S8 would be a good fit, but those idiots at Klipsch discontinued the brand. I see them used, but shipping is ridiculous due to weight. Sadly, most HiFi shops are out of business, many sold used stuff and you could rely on it.

Any suggestions? What do you guys have?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Thanks. Didn't know he was in that business. So far I've discovered that my DCM rears are probably not crap after all.

This is about the best looking sub under $200 I've been able to find. I had Jamo's back in college at UConn and after. They served me well for a long time. Something of an unknown brand then.
Amazon.com: Jamo C910 Subwoofer White: Electronics
Yeah, he's a good guy and knowledgeable. Seems like he'd be a good resource.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom