Home attendance | The Boneyard

Home attendance

Reaction Score
320701626_547577236974382_5882088125557707923_n.jpg

Reaction Score
For everyone complaining about playing UMass, they were the 3rd best draw. And they were terrible. Pretty close to Syracuse and BC. It’s kinda like like when BC fans complain about playing UConn yet when we played there we were the 2nd best attendance of the year behind only Clemson, who was ranked in the top 5 at the time. Playing regional programs that can pull in local alums and fans is good For everyone.

Reaction Score
I was at all the games except Fresno State. I was happy with the attendance increase over last year, but where was everyone for the Liberty game?
That was the day that was forecast all week to be brutal, heavy rains and wind I think. By game day the weather totally changed and it turned out to fantastic by game time. Think people decided to stay away.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Numbers are probably vastly inflated, but as long as we’re comparing apples to apples trend was obviously great. Goal should be to be up at least 25% next year.
The Syracuse game had closer to 32k than 25k. Their scanning machines weren't working properly.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It wasn't just that we were losing, it's that we were losing with no juice. This team with it's retooled OL was night and day better than the previous years. Most of the schedule is being played in good weather next season. I expect a healthy increase. People like football, it just can't be a chore. We all have enough chores.

Reaction Score
The Syracuse game had closer to 32k than 25k. Their scanning machines weren't working properly.
Numbers are probably vastly inflated, but as long as we’re comparing apples to apples trend was obviously great. Goal should be to be up at least 25% next year.

Do we report tickets sold or used? I am trying to determine how UConn could vastly inflate the number if they are using one of the two metrics and they state which is is used.

i can understand the under for Cuse, but we don’t know the actual number.

Reaction Score
Do we report tickets sold or used? I am trying to determine how UConn could vastly inflate the number if they are using one of the two metrics and they state which is is used.

i can understand the under for Cuse, but we don’t know the actual number.
It’s not tickets scanned/butts in the seats. It’s usually tickets sold or possibly tickets distributed.

Reaction Score
Regardless of how the number is measured, the numbers are the numbers. And the only way to read that stat is that there was a HUGE increase in interest for Huskies football this year and it translated to the crowds are the Rent. Fifty percent is massive. Do half that this year, 25%, and it would be massive again.

It is difficult to quantify hope. But 50% is a pretty good measure. Quibbling about whether it's butts in the seats or tickets sold or scanned misses the point. The trend, the direction, the course, it is very positive. And it's headed up.

Reaction Score
Winning and regional games combined improved attendance. Regional games allow visiting team fans to attend. Just makes since.

Reaction Score
I was at all the games except Fresno State. I was happy with the attendance increase over last year, but where was everyone for the Liberty game?
We came up from South Carolina for the Liberty game but, admittedly, we chose that game because we could see two men's BB games and the women's game against Texas at the same time.
Four games in five days. Not bad. And we won them all!

The crowd was poor for Liberty. We at first thought it was late arriving tail gaters. Sure the weather forecast was for bad weather at the beginning of the week but we have large ponchos (from past season ticket years) so we figured no problem. Playing #19, needing the win to qualify for a bowl game, etc.

Reaction Score
We came up from South Carolina for the Liberty game but, admittedly, we chose that game because we could see two men's BB games and the women's game against Texas at the same time.
Four games in five days. Not bad. And we won them all!

The crowd was poor for Liberty. We at first thought it was late arriving tail gaters. Sure the weather forecast was for bad weather at the beginning of the week but we have large ponchos (from past season ticket years) so we figured no problem. Playing #19, needing the win to qualify for a bowl game, etc.
Liberty was a late season game and, despite being ranked, not a big draw like a Syracuse, BC or other P5 team, or even UMass would be. Weather was surprisingly good that day. All in all not a poor crowd for that game.

Reaction Score
This. I had a group of 7 that was waved through without a single ticket registering. Saw it multiple times this year, and it's not like we'll be fighting over seats in a half empty stadium, so they don't care.

Reaction Score
This. I had a group of 7 that was waved through without a single ticket registering. Saw it multiple times this year, and it's not like we'll be fighting over seats in a half empty stadium, so they don't care.
Except typically UConn report tickets sold/distributed. Not scanning tickets doesn’t matter for that number.

Reaction Score
Except typically UConn report tickets sold/distributed. Not scanning tickets doesn’t matter for that number.
Good point. Now that you mention it, think I've made the same comment in a different thread and had the same response. Whoops. Sorry about that.

Reaction Score
Would have had at least 20K for Liberty if the code red weather warnings were not headlining the the news for the 5 days leading up to the game. The weather was actually decent for the game. Regardless, this is certainly a good trend. Hopefully this leads to increased season ticket interest. Every penny counts as an independent football team and increased attendance is money directly into the athletic department. A 25% increase would take UConn to 27,500 per game which may not be realistic given the home schedule and lack of local P5 game. 25,000 should be the goal for next year.

Reaction Score
I could have sworn there was 20,953 people at the Fresno State game. Not sure where they got these numbers.

Reaction Score
Attendance for the Liberty game is a combination of factors. Weather forecasts of Noah’s Ark level rain (CT weather folks ALWAYS predict disasters. On the rare occasions they are right, they make ads about it. Certainly contributed. So did the opponent. Yes they were ranked, but it was also Liberty. It doesn’t have any juice in New England. Probably negative juice truth be told. Another 19th ranked opponent would draw differently I suspect as would a northeastern opponent. Even a lesser opponent with a less negative reputation locally. In fact our top 3 home games were BC Syracuse and UMass. I believe Central was 4.

Reaction Score
I bought my usual 6 tickets - my sis and her husband went to most games, but I only made it to one this year. I didn't have terribly high expectations so I spent 3 game weekends in East Lansing with my son. 2 other games were co-opted by weddings. Only went to one game myself.

Next year will re-prioritize!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom