Hogs' Poffenbarger fires on all cylinders - videos: two post game interviews | The Boneyard

Hogs' Poffenbarger fires on all cylinders - videos: two post game interviews

Reaction Score
Poffenbargar is having fun in Arkansas.
Good for Saylor. The timing didn't work out for being a Huskies player, but she's a nice young woman and obviously a talent. I'm glad she's found a home, and hope she's happy there.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She had a reputation as a good shooter coming out of high school but she struggles to make shots. Not sure why that is. Maybe it'll get better w/ experience. Good rebounder.

36% FG and 23% 3FG.

Reaction Score
I hadn't realized that her mom went to Arkansas -- Saylor mentions this early on in the interview. I wonder if that explains her portal choice.

Reaction Score
Her mom went to Mizzou, not Arkansas. That's what she means by "here" -- Mizzou's gym.

Her portal choice was probably a function of a) having been recruited pretty heavily by Arkansas, and b) her family's very close relationship with Hog assistant Lacey Goldwire. (I think Lacey is Saylor's mom's god-daughter? It's something like that.) Plus I think her style of play is a great fit for Arkansas's offense.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Her mom went to Mizzou, not Arkansas. That's what she means by "here" -- Mizzou's gym.

Her portal choice was probably a function of a) having been recruited pretty heavily by Arkansas, and b) her family's very close relationship with Hog assistant Lacey Goldwire. (I think Lacey is Saylor's mom's god-daughter? It's something like that.) Plus I think her style of play is a great fit for Arkansas's offense.
Wasn't another reason she chose the Razorbacks is because one of their players was from Frederick MD and they were friends?
(Middletown is a suburb of Frederick.)

Reaction Score
I don't think that having Makayla Daniels on the team hurt, of course, but ... Daniels was committed and on the team when Saylor chose UConn in the first place. (And Goldwire was an Arkansas assistant for part of that time, too.)

To be fair, though, at that point, Neighbors was only in his first or second year at Arkansas and had very little to sell a high school player of Poffenbarger's quality, other than a vision.

Reaction Score
I think the Saylor to Arkansas was great fit. I just saw where she won her 4th SEC Freshmen of the Week Award. She dropped 16/8 on Florida and followed that up with 24/6 on Missouri. Plus, she is being asked to defend the other team's best player and doing a decent job. Her rebounding is off the charts! Going to Arkansas was a great fit for Saylor. I am happy for her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom