Hip-Hop Evolution | The Boneyard

Hip-Hop Evolution

Reaction Score
If you like Hip-Hop at all--or at least in the evolution of pop music--it's worth watching this documentary series on Netflix (HBO produced). The first four episodes came out two years ago and looks at the origins in New York up through Run DMC, Rakim, and Public Enemy in the East, and then takes an episode to look at the rise of gangsta rap in LA. It's smart and interested in looking at the musical developments.

The most recent four episodes look at the development of hip-hop in the South and the Bay areas, and then turns to look at the underground/new developments in LA and NY. The episode that features De La Soul and Tribe made me remember why I liked them. De La Soul, due to the lawsuits, have particularly fallen off the map because you can't get their stuff on iTunes or Spotify.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you like Hip-Hop at all--or at least in the evolution of pop music--it's worth watching this documentary series on Netflix (HBO produced). The first four episodes came out two years ago and looks at the origins in New York up through Run DMC, Rakim, and Public Enemy in the East, and then takes an episode to look at the rise of gangsta rap in LA. It's smart and interested in looking at the musical developments.

The most recent four episodes looks at the development of hip-hop in the South and Bay area, and then the underground and new developments in LA and NY. The episodes that feature De La Soul and Tribe made me remember why I liked them. De La Soul, due to the lawsuits, have particularly fallen off the map because you can't get their stuff on iTunes or Spotify.
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom