Highlights v. Florida | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Florida

Reaction Score
Thanks Storrs South. Always a pleasure to revisit the prior days game

i like that you seem to be extending the highlights a bit after the play to allow the announcer to gush over our team.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
It’s only a matter of time before ESPN has to start covering us the way they like to cover duke #forcethehand

Reaction Score
Honestly the most impactful part of Clingan's game is the screens he sets on offense. Especially with Hawk and to a degree Newton/Joey C. It's obviously just so hard for defenders to get around him.

And then once a screen is set, the ball handler (Hawk/Joey/Newton) has so many options: Shoot a 3, drive to the hole (and have no rim protector b/c the center is drawn out by the screen) or dump it off to Clingan when he cuts.

They run the same offense with Sono too, but the difference is Sanogo doesn't set the best screens, but it's still effective. Plus he has the added skillset of being a pick and pop guy now. And the coolest plays I saw was Sango going ISO vs Castleton. How many pure centers go ISO? Wild.

This is finally the offense Hurley wanted to run. The only time I ever saw Hurley's UConn offense like this was the end of 19-20 when the team was clicking and running things through the screen-master himself, Whaley. Didn't have Sanogo yet that year (who was terrible in this offense as a freshman and most of last year, mostly due to the ability to not pass, handle the ball, or set screens which a big NEEDS to do in a Hurley offense) and Vital was good enough (and Bouk) to play these ball handler roles (because they could drive and shoot).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom