Hi gang | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hi gang

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A number of years back I fell off a ladder, breaking 2 ribs and collapsing a lung. As a result I got my first and only helicopter ride to the nearest trauma hospital. Also received my first and only shot of morphine…great stuff! Slept sitting up for a few weeks. Tried not to cough or laugh for awhile. Took about 3 months to recover.

Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear about your accident. Heck of a way to celebrate the Fourth. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
This falling business has got me nervous and I take every precaution.

Just turned 83 and beginning to think about avoidance.
I hoist up a half-hours worth every morning...most important are lay-ups...the choreography really helps one's balance. Skiing in the Winter helps too.

We have a set of steep stairs in our Apt and I always use the bannister...large stainless hand-holds in the shower and slip-proof matts.

Doing all I can but when its your time...it'll happen.

Good luck and a great recovery Mike

Mike....
A good friend 82 years old skiing 3-4 times a week at Arapaho Basin. He was hit last year by some kid on a snowboard while waiting in a lift line. He had a couple of broken bones (collarbone and rib) and hasn't been able to ski since. He will probably never ski again. Old really sucks).

Reaction Score
I just realized I haven’t checked into the Boneyard in a couple of weeks.
On July 4th I fell at home and broke 6 ribs!
I went to the ER and was admitted.
Four days later I was transferred to Bridebrook Rehab where I’ve been ever since.
They tell me I’m going home on Thursday!
So that catches you up to date!
I hope I haven’t missed much!
I just heard the CT Sun picked up Bria Hartley!
Welcome back after a painful experience.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A good friend 82 years old skiing 3-4 times a week at Arapaho Basin. He was hit last year by some kid on a snowboard while waiting in a lift line. He had a couple of broken bones (collarbone and rib) and hasn't been able to ski since. He will probably never ski again. Old really sucks).
Skiing and BB are my yardsticks to determine whether I'm entering the feeble portion of advanced age
So far, so good (relatively)

BTW, we have a house in St. J...haven't been there in a while, but spent the better part of two years there
during the worst of the plague

With an Ikon pass...we'll probably head West after Christmas and take our chances...maybe even Europe

Best
Michael...a bit of a buff myself

Reaction Score
Glad to hear you are on the mend Coach. You need a better story though. How about you had a nasty fall while participating in the US seniors motocross competition? You will get the inevitable “really?!” To which you can reply “no.”
Or maybe it was Nika, although she never fouls...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom