Here's the plan for holding a preseason tournament at Mohegan Sun | The Boneyard

Here's the plan for holding a preseason tournament at Mohegan Sun

Reaction Score
So it looks like UConn isn’t technically 100% in as it is one of the proposed teams but I’d pencil us in. The host state providing the rapid tests won’t be shut out from its main university participating. UConn also has a major relationship with Mohegan sun to begin with. Love that Connecticut is the catalyst for basketball returning. The other teams outside of empire are just abysmal and Mohegan would want some big names.

article comes off a bit confusing as he says that schools may opt out of ESPN hosted tournaments to stay in northeast but I thought all these tournaments were ESPN hosted?

Reaction Score
Article from Dave Borges of the Register. I hope like hell they get to play.

By most accounts, it appears there will be some semblance of a 2020-21 men’s college basketball season.

When, where, and how the season is played remains a question for which no one yet has an answer. Some of those answers may become a bit clearer on Wednesday, when the Division I Council will meet to consider the multiple recommendations surrounding the start of the season.

For those without Register access: Where, when and how a 2020-21 season could be played amid COVID-19

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing. It gave me this idea:

For Big East conference games, schedule four different bubbles:

Early January bubbles by location:
  • East:
    • Group A (UConn, Villanova, Georgetown)
    • Group B (Providence, St. John's, Seton Hall)
  • West:
    • Group C (Xavier, Marquette, Butler)
    • Group D (Creighton, DePaul)
Late January bubbles:
  • Group A and C
  • Group B and D
Mid February bubbles:
  • Group A and D
  • Group B and C
Bubble for Big East Tournament @ MSG
  • All teams
Travel only occurs in between each bubble.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Let's just throw the ball up at mid court and PLAY...........................................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom