here’s a weird one | Page 2 | The Boneyard

here’s a weird one

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So my home is listed for sale and I was just out in the garage packing some things up when I noticed someone in my driveway. He told me he was here to check out the rental. I was like “uhhh you mean the house for sale? Sorry we have already accepted an offer.” He said no he’s the guy who emailed me on Craigslist. I said the house is not on Craigslist. He showed me the listings and the email. Very creepy. I called the local PD and aside from having the most lovely female police officer come over there was not much they could do. Realtor was mostly unfazed saying that’s very common but still feel kinda of gross.

Reaction Score
So my home is listed for sale and I was just out in the garage packing some things up when I noticed someone in my driveway. He told me he was here to check out the rental. I was like “uhhh you mean the house for sale? Sorry we have already accepted an offer.” He said no he’s the guy who emailed me on Craigslist. I said the house is not on Craigslist. He showed me the listings and the email. Very creepy. I called the local PD and aside from having the most lovely female police officer come over there was not much they could do. Realtor was mostly unfazed saying that’s very common but still feel kinda of gross.
Squatters.

Reaction Score
This. They would take as much as a prospective tenant would give them to lock up the rental. Usually, the rate is low so it attracts lots of gullible prospects. They use listed houses because it is so easy to copy pics from Zillow etc. and they can glean other info from the listing as well, which makes them seem more credible.

This is really prevalent in second home areas where houses are often vacant. They just tell prospects to look in the windows, “because I am up north” or out of state, so they can’t physically let you in. They promise to FedEx the keys once the lease is signed and deposits made. People get killed with this in Florida. I’ve heard of people renting beachfront for 20k per month and paying for the whole season upfront only to find out they are homeless when they arrive.
Probably legal in Florida.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen that happen before. They ask for deposits upfront.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom