Heading to Tree House Brewery | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Heading to Tree House Brewery

Reaction Score
Go to 12%, they have Fat Orange Cat which is solid but they had significantly better stuff. Alvarium is a fun place with good brews but my sleeper pick is Coles Road 5 minutes down the street.
Yes... for west of Htfd suburbs... I'd go with Coles Road (the G. Dead beer names are a plus), New Park and Five Churches.

Reaction Score
Their beer is great. Their taproom/facility is pretty good. But neither is worth fighting through a crowd for. And it’s not like you’re supporting a family business anymore.
I've been to Treehouse in Charlton a lot and I can tell you that the last few times I've been there, including weekends, it hasn't been very crowded. Believe me, I've waited in line for an hour plus before so I know the frustration. But the last few times it took me about 5 minutes to get my draft pours and another 5-15 minutes after I drank my drafts to pick up my to go order. I think it's because they now have the Deerfield and Sandwich locations so that spreads everyone out. Plus they have the system down to a tee now. It's very efficient. If anyone is worried about long waits I don't think that's much of an issue any more. At least from my experience.

Also, someone in this thread was complaining about the 2 draft limit and the smaller pours of the higher ABV beers. Those rules were negotiated with the town of Charlton as part of the approvals to build the brewery. Charlton didn't want a bunch of drunk people driving out of there and pulling out onto Route 20. You can certainly understand the concern. Just drink your 2 beers, get your takeout order and then go over to BT's Smokehouse and drink some cans while you're eating BBQ.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I've been to Treehouse in Charlton a lot and I can tell you that the last few times I've been there, including weekends, it hasn't been very crowded. Believe me, I've waited in line for an hour plus before so I know the frustration. But the last few times it took me about 5 minutes to get my draft pours and another 5-15 minutes after I drank my drafts to pick up my to go order. I think it's because they now have the Deerfield and Sandwich locations so that spreads everyone out. Plus they have the system down to a tee now. It's very efficient. If anyone is worried about long waits I don't think that's much of an issue any more. At least from my experience.

Also, someone in this thread was complaining about the 2 draft limit and the smaller pours of the higher ABV beers. Those rules were negotiated with the town of Charlton as part of the approvals to build the brewery. Charlton didn't want a bunch of drunk people driving out of there and pulling out onto Route 20. You can certainly understand the concern. Just drink your 2 beers, get your takeout order and then go over to BT's Smokehouse and drink some cans while you're eating BBQ.

Mellowed crowds might make me reconsider going. I get that people consider it a destination beer. Still wish it was on shelves locally.

Reaction Score
I had liked that place until I went there recently. Upon arrival, they informed me that of the rule that you have to spend a minimum of $65 when purchasing beers to take home. Ridiculous. That’s a lot of money for some people. What’s wrong with just buying one four-pack?!?! Why they have to gauge people. I’m sure they’re making a ton of money so they don’t care. I’m not going back anytime soon.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

BT's might be better to BBQ than Treehouse is to beer. Either way - it's close. That place is 100% legit.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Yeah, it's not as crazy now. Anybody who is bitching about the physical brewery and tap room area hasn't been there recently enough. They have done amazing things. And on a nice day when you can go outside it really is unmatched. I suppose I could say it isn't cozy. Lawson's is beautiful and so much smaller, but you sit at the bar and feel like you could spend the day there.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's not as crazy now. Anybody who is bitching about the physical brewery and tap room area hasn't been there recently enough. They have done amazing things. And on a nice day when you can go outside it really is unmatched. I suppose I could say it isn't cozy. Lawson's is beautiful and so much smaller, but you sit at the bar and feel like you could spend the day there.
Completely agree with you. Treehouse has customer service so dialed in, right down to the clean, nice bathrooms (massive step up from most breweries). They now have a second bar, the hiking trails are awesome, pre-orders are filled quickly. Not everyone loves Disney World, but Treehouse nails the customer experience in the same way. The only thing missing is that Nate needs to fire up that outdoor pizza oven more than once a year.

Reaction Score
They started to go downhill recently. Also the 2 drink minimum thing is a joke, and scaling the pour size by ABV is annoying as hell.

$65 min for buying cans also pisses me off. God this post worked me up. There are breweries in CT that produce better beer and aren’t pompous clowns.
Where do you go? I get to CT yearly to visit family and always looking for other spots.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Where do you go? I get to CT yearly to visit family and always looking for other spots.

For breweries closer than TH, and in CT, it would be difficult to find a mediocre beer at:

Kent Falls
Fox Farm
New Park (and they deliver statewide!)

A slight step down, but very solid, with the occasional blockbuster:

Counterweight
NEBCO
Fat Orange Cat

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was away for Thanksgiving weekend. Enjoyed Marlowe’s second birthday party earlier in November though. I heard the bottle share at the release was spectacular.
One dude brought a ton of Angry Chair stouts. So good. Timber/Folksbier Chasing Shadows on tap now.

Stubborn Beauty brewed a one_off stout that's on tap now. Amazing. The one with ancho chilies

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom