Heading to Tree House Brewery | The Boneyard

Heading to Tree House Brewery

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Pre Bought a mixed case of core and explore.

Suggestions what to sample for a glass on property?

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed their JJJuiceee Project, they had some custom Teku Glasses with the juice project logo on them when I was there before turkey day. Probably my favorite beer glass now.

But all their double IPA's are insanely smooth, an 8.5% IIPA will drink like it's 5%.

Reaction Score
So much goodness on tap these days. If you like stouts, get a pour of Extra Maple & Chocolate Truffle Moment of Clarity. You’d be foolish not to. Quad Shot Banana Coconut Vanilla would be my second choice on stouts. Doubleganger Guava or Project Find the Limit #4 if you need a DIPA. Cheers!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Lovin JJJuice & Bear brown. Special place.

Reaction Score
Went two weeks ago… if you like coffee get one of their coffee stouts as your last beer there. They do great with coffee. There IPAs are all great, hazy, Julius, green, can’t go wrong.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
They started to go downhill recently. Also the 2 drink minimum thing is a joke, and scaling the pour size by ABV is annoying as hell.

$65 min for buying cans also pisses me off. God this post worked me up. There are breweries in CT that produce better beer and aren’t pompous clowns.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
They started to go downhill recently. Also the 2 drink minimum thing is a joke, and scaling the pour size by ABV is annoying as hell.

$65 min for buying cans also pisses me off. God this post worked me up. There are breweries in CT that produce better beer and aren’t pompous clowns.
They don't want people hanging around and getting trashed. Buy your beer and go home. This ain't a dive bar - and I do love me a dive bar. Time and place.

Reaction Score
Whaaaat?! It's the best around, and I've tried them all. I'd pay more.
Best around… absolutely not. But when they’re on, they are quite good. There was a three-month period in 2020 where TH was brewing trash IPAs, but they have been consistently good in 2021. I call ‘em how I taste ‘em.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Best around… absolutely not. But when they’re on, they are quite good. There was a three-month period in 2020 where TH was brewing trash IPAs, but they have been consistently good in 2021. I call ‘em how I taste ‘em.
What's your best around?

Reaction Score
What's your best around?
Best around is subjective. Depends on your palate and whether one’s interests go beyond hazies and fruited kettle sours. But here’s my favorites within a 2.5 hour drive of my house:

Suarez for any heritage styles
Hudson Valley Brewery for sour IPAs
Zac Ross at Marlowe for pales
District 96, Long Live, Fidens for all IPA variants
Breweries that are capable of slaying every style that they brew: Fox Farm and Ober Creek
Trillium over Treehouse every single time, but I love both.
Soft spot for Kent Falls because I like what they stand for and do interesting stuff. Rob Bollard is a very talented brewer who doesn’t get enough attention.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Best around is subjective. Depends on your palate and whether one’s interests go beyond hazies and fruited kettle sours. But here’s my favorites within a 2.5 hour drive of my house:

Breweries that are capable of slaying every style that they brew: Fox Farm and Ober Creek
Soft spot for Kent Falls because I like what they stand for and do interesting stuff. Rob Bollard is a very talented brewer who doesn’t get enough attention.
Thoughts on Sloop? Was considering making the drive. And I really only do hazies, IPA, NEIPA, APA, etc.

Reaction Score
Anyone ever been to Little Red Barn Brewery in Winsted? Some high school acquaintances of mine started it. Was curious how they are doing.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I literally just got back. Spent about $170...stocked through New Year's.

Try Super Treat.
You spent $170 for 2 weeks of beer?

I have not had a lot of TH brews. With 12% Beer Project just 2 towns away I don't need to, either.

Reaction Score
Thoughts on Sloop? Was considering making the drive. And I really only do hazies, IPA, NEIPA, APA, etc.
If you were planning to hit the factory at Sloop in East Fishkill, you’re better off driving another 15 minutes to Wappingers Falls and hitting Ober Creek. Tiny farm brewery with insanely clean IPAs and DIPAs. Nothing wrong with Sloop. But Ober is light years better.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Zac Ross was head brewer at Kent Falls for about 2 years. I love Marlowe's Artisanal Ales.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
You spent $170 for 2 weeks of beer?

I have not had a lot of TH brews. With 12% Beer Project just 2 towns away I don't need to, either.
Bro...it's Dec.12th. "Through New Years" is 3 weeks. And I have friends and guests who help me drink them. Not that I need an excuse for crushing beers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom