Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins

Reaction Score
Didn’t see it posted here, but interesting story out about Sarks plan to hire a Stoops brother at UT only to be reminded by the deep pockets that an OU staffer, let alone a Stoops, was persona non grata in Austin. Stoops had already told Bama bye bye.

is that taking the rivalry just a bit too far? If nothing else, sark knows early who’s in charge.

Reaction Score
Didn’t see it posted here, but interesting story out about Sarks plan to hire a Stoops brother at UT only to be reminded by the deep pockets that an OU staffer, let alone a Stoops, was persona non grata in Austin. Stoops had already told Bama bye bye.

is that taking the rivalry just a bit too far? If nothing else, sark knows early who’s in charge.
That's crazy. Stoops is a good coach and could help them win. Sark should try to push back.

Reaction Score
Heupel is an indication to me if it's real that UT has gotten very little interest in the position not surprisingly. He's won games, but they have seemed to drop off since Frost left. It may also be more to do with Cincy and Memphis getting better, but definitely not what the UT fans were looking for.

Reaction Score
I’m beginning to think Scott Frost caught lightning in a bottle at UCF. He got 2-3 program changing players at the same time and things took off. He hasn’t been able to make things happen at Nebraska. I’ve stopped judging Heupel on the Frost scale.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I am not sure about this Heupel hiring. Usually you look for a coach who improved their program....UCF got worse under Heupel...they went 6-4 in the AAC this year. At least he has head coaching experience, but this hire seems questionable.

Reaction Score

Malzahn would be an interesting hire. UCF had their moment a few years ago and have quickly started to revert back to being an OK team in the AAC.

He's always been a very good recruiter. Getting some kids to come in and run his offense would be a way for UCF to try and stay relevant.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What a weasel wording. The job was "offered to one person". You don't offer jobs to people who already turned you down.
There lies the funny. Not amused? I am.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Malzahn would be an interesting hire. UCF had their moment a few years ago and have quickly started to revert back to being an OK team in the AAC.

He's always been a very good recruiter. Getting some kids to come in and run his offense would be a way for UCF to try and stay relevant.
Malzahn is definitely an interesting candidate. If UCF fans can live with 8-10 win seasons vice expected 11-1 or 12-0, Gus will do that for them.

L'il Skipper also seems intriguing to me. He can get a slightly higher level of football player at UCF and seesm to be able to put together a staff and a team.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Bring him back
My guess.... 1) not in the budget and 2) Edsall put this guy on the fast track and then he left, so why invest in him again when you otherwise have a staff of stabile and seemingly very loyal guys....

It seem its time to look at Aaron Smith and a few of the other like age coaches on the staff to see if they are going to really elevate themselves in 2021.

I would only go back to Dunn if someone is leaving....and even then, probably better to find someone else with a fresh start that didn't already spit the bit once.

Reaction Score
Gimme guys who want to be here... We're in a tough spot financially... Guy's gotta understand that and make the most out of our OUTSTANDING facilities that rival plenty of the P5 schools...

Quite frankly it's inexcusable what's going on right now with us....

I know I'm on a bit of a rant, but it's because of the frustrations of this program.. Excuse after excuse after excuse...

While Edsall and co. have clearly circled the wagons, we better come out ready to compete and show some balls each and every game in 2021... or else it's a waste to even care about what happens...

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
My guess.... 1) not in the budget and 2) Edsall put this guy on the fast track and then he left, so why invest in him again when you otherwise have a staff of stabile and seemingly very loyal guys....

It seem its time to look at Aaron Smith and a few of the other like age coaches on the staff to see if they are going to really elevate themselves in 2021.

I would only go back to Dunn if someone is leaving....and even then, probably better to find someone else with a fresh start that didn't already spit the bit once.
He left for an NFL job which most definitely paid more. I'd say he was a better OC the Guifre. That's why I say bring him back.

Reaction Score
I'd say he was a better OC the Guifre. That's why I say bring him back.
Hard to say if Dunn is better. Dunn had a senior Pindell who rushed for over 1000 yards as well as a sophomore Mensah who also rushed for 1000 yards. Still UConn ranked 112 in scoring offense and 108th in passing offense. The offensive numbers dropped off in 2019 with true freshman Zeriotis, although yards passing improved to ranked 81st.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom