Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see what happens when Saban retires. Obviously they most likely will not see the success they have seen with Saban, but they have the resources and history to pretty much hire anyone they want, but how much of a drop of (if any) will we see? Where do they look for a coach? It's crazy the amount of success Bama has seen with Saban.
The first call is to Dabo Swinney. Born and raised in Alabama, Alabama fan from birth, played at Alabama, assistant coach at Alabama, wife is from Alabama and went to Alabama, mother lives in Alabama. And he is only 51. He has a much easier job at Clemson, but you have to let him turn down the job before you pursue anyone else.

Reaction Score
The first call is to Dabo Swinney. Born and raised in Alabama, Alabama fan from birth, played at Alabama, assistant coach at Alabama, wife is from Alabama and went to Alabama, mother lives in Alabama. And he is only 51. He has a much easier job at Clemson, but you have to let him turn down the job before you pursue anyone else.
Not positive but I think Dabo makes more money then Nick Saban with much less pressure then any coach at Bama would have! Why would he leave??

Reaction Score
Not positive but I think Dabo makes more money then Nick Saban with much less pressure then any coach at Bama would have! Why would he leave??
Raised in Alabama, Alabama fan from birth, played at Alabama, assistant coach at Alabama, wife is from Alabama, went to Alabama, mother lives in Alabama. But other than that, probably no reason.

Reaction Score
Saban salary is $9.3 million and Dabo is at $8.3 million. With bonuses, Saban will earn >$10 million for 2020.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Will be interesting to see how this impacts UCF's thin OOC scheduling going forward. They had been trying to be patient to get H&Hs with major P5 programs. As a result of the slow progress they have one of the more open OOC calendars.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see how this impacts UCF's thin OOC scheduling going forward. They had been trying to be patient to get H&Hs with major P5 programs. As a result of the slow progress they have one of the more open OOC calendars.
Get them on the schedule more. I'd love to make a trip down to Orlando every couple years.

Reaction Score

Wonder if he's already called Lance Leipold up in Buffalo to chat?

Home run hire for Tennessee. Look at White's coaching hires:

Buffalo: basketball - Bobby Hurley and Nate Oats. Football - Lance Leipold

UCF: basketball - Johnny Dawkins. Football - Scott Frost and Josh Heupel

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Part of me is curious to see how he would do with SEC money paying his assistant pool. He's been pretty good at hiring coordinators over the years.
See Maryland 2011 to 2015 for preview.

Reaction Score
Why would he do that?

It feels like his next move is P5. Lower level P5.

Pretty sure Dave is sticking around to let his kids graduate high school unless he gets a huge job. He’s well compensated and appreciated at UConn. He’ll be looking at an SEC or maybe a very good ACC job next.

Reaction Score
Former NFL head coaches taking position roles on Bama?!?!? Saban is going Brady in the college football coaching world. Do coaches get rings made of gold?

Reaction Score
That's a huge get for Saban. The O-line will be top notch by the end of this season. Marrone is a very good coach.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That's a huge get for Saban. The O-line will be top notch by the end of this season. Marrone is a very good coach.

I'll go on a limb and suggest they may have a top notch at the beginning of the season too.

Reaction Score
I'll go on a limb and suggest they may have a top notch at the beginning of the season too.
I only say by the end of the season because there's always growing pains with new coaches, but I think Marrone is the kind of coach that is able to adapt to the situation and coach accordingly. I think it'll take a couple OOC games to hit the ground running. By conference play, I bet it'll be very difficult to sack or pressure the QB at Bama.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom