Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins

Reaction Score
If it happens... it’s going to be interested to see his staff make-up.

Oh, it's goin down... I'm pretty sure everyone our staff won't be going anywhere... so, we're safe....

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Gotta wonder if Hugh freeze is the call here. I would think they wouldn't have pushed so hard on the Pruitt situation if they didn't have a coach lined up.

Let's be honest...they don't care that Pruitt cheated...they care that he went 3-7.

Reaction Score
Gotta wonder if Hugh freeze is the call here. I would think they wouldn't have pushed so hard on the Pruitt situation if they didn't have a coach lined up.

Let's be honest...they don't care that Pruitt cheated...they care that he went 3-7.

Hugh would be dumb to take that dumpster fire of a job. The fan base expectations are SEC champs when they’re 4-6th in the East

Reaction Score

... but it is a Tennessee Head Coach search.

Reaction Score
How Saban reloads his staff is incredible to watch...

He was fairly successful at Syracuse and wasn't terrible in Buffalo. I see him getting another HC job in the next 3 years or so.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How Saban reloads his staff is incredible to watch...

It's somewhere between a laboratory, sabbatical and fellowship for transient coaches. Come to Bama for a year or two where you have unlimited time and resources to work on your craft before moving on to a new gig. It works for Saban, it works for the coaches and it works for developing the players for the NFL, all while winning like crazy.

Reaction Score
It's somewhere between a laboratory, sabbatical and fellowship for transient coaches. Come to Bama for a year or two where you have unlimited time and resources to work on your craft before moving on to a new gig. It works for Saban, it works for the coaches and it works for developing the players for the NFL, all while winning like crazy.
I'm curious to see what happens when Saban retires. Obviously they most likely will not see the success they have seen with Saban, but they have the resources and history to pretty much hire anyone they want, but how much of a drop of (if any) will we see? Where do they look for a coach? It's crazy the amount of success Bama has seen with Saban.

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see what happens when Saban retires. Obviously they most likely will not see the success they have seen with Saban, but they have the resources and history to pretty much hire anyone they want, but how much of a drop of (if any) will we see? Where do they look for a coach? It's crazy the amount of success Bama has seen with Saban.

Feel like there has to be a 3-5 year plan for Saban to retire. Bring in HC in waiting before he retires for a more seamless transition.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Feel like there has to be a 3-5 year plan for Saban to retire. Bring in HC in waiting before he retires for a more seamless transition.

The irony of all the reclamation projects is there will legitimately be 10-15 replacements for Saban with ties to Saban. And the AD and boosters (notice I didn't include university president) will have to pick the correct one. And if they pick wrong, it will be easy pickin's to suggest they should have picked a different candidate.

But yeah, whomever they pick better have thick skin and be reeeaaalll comfortable in his boots. Because you won't out Saban the Saban and you won't replicate his success. You hope to just have some level of success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom