Hawkins Starting Live Now vs Paul VI | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hawkins Starting Live Now vs Paul VI

Reaction Score
Kid is easily a top 30 player in his class and showed that today vs trev keels who is deservedly a 5*

Correct. I think Diggins and Johnson are fairly ranked. Hawkins has doubles his raw #s from last year at a top 5 HS program. 25-30, borderline 5* is the correct call IMO. Though I do have a soft spot for 3 and D wings.

Reaction Score
Correct. I think Diggins and Johnson are fairly ranked. Hawkins has doubles his raw #s from last year at a top 5 HS program. 25-30, borderline 5* is the correct call IMO. Though I do have a soft spot for 3 and D wings.
His game just jumps out at me for the next level and the NBA. Keels is just physically bigger than all the other guards at this level and he's a really good/great shooter but he's not a great athlete and it will be hard for him to just bully people at the next levels. Hawkins is like a young deer, needs to get stronger but is a great athlete and is already showing the next level scoring moves you look for.

Reaction Score
His game just jumps out at me for the next level and the NBA. Keels is just physically bigger than all the other guards at this level and he's a really good/great shooter but he's not a great athlete and it will be hard for him to just bully people at the next levels. Hawkins is like a young deer, needs to get stronger but is a great athlete and is already showing the next level scoring moves you look for.
Don’t know much about him but I see more Rip than Ray.

Reaction Score
Even if Coach K. retires?
He ain’t retiring lol especially not with the class he has coming in next year. With what puke will be bringing back along with the class they have coming in they will be a preseason top 5 team next year.. yuck

Reaction Score
Yea I have that same same soft spot as well especially for one that just filled with all types of upside and potential like Hawkins does .. I love Samson’s potential and the start he is having to his senior season as well. I know he got a bump in the previous rankings update but I’m betting he will finish even higher when it’s all said and done. I truly feel we are getting 3 STUDS.

C

Chief00

HUGE 3 to tie the game with seconds left
Hawkins is going to give us an all important shooter next season. As chalkenging as our shooting has been against good teams this year, we are at risk to lose arguably two of our best shooters in Bouknight and Polley. Floyd will help too but it would still be great to add another if the opportunity presents itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hawkins is going to give us an all important shooter next season. As chalkenging as our shooting has been against good teams this year, we are at risk to lose arguably two of our best shooters in Bouknight and Polley. Floyd will help too but it would still be great to add another if the opportunity presents itself.
Floyd Jr is not coming next year. But yeah we could use additional shooting - maybe grad transfer .

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I saw on Twitter that he has the nickname Birdman. I think the boneyard should roll with that.

Reaction Score
Don’t know much about him but I see more Rip than Ray.
From those highlights with the flying dunks and moves to the basket he looks a lot more like Ray than Rip. Rip wasn't as athletic as Jordan. I think some people forget that Ray was a top notch athlete coming into UCONN and could jump out of the building. It wasn't really until his middle of his NBA career were he became more of just a jump shooter.

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
From those highlights with the flying dunks and moves to the basket he looks a lot more like Ray than Rip. Rip wasn't as athletic as Jordan. I think some people forget that Ray was a top notch athlete coming into UCONN and could jump out of the building. It wasn't really until his middle of his NBA career were he became more of just a jump shooter.
Ray had those Popeye calfs!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom