Hawkins Starting Live Now vs Paul VI | The Boneyard

Hawkins Starting Live Now vs Paul VI

Reaction Score
#5 Dematha vs #19 Paul VI. Should be a great high level ball game. Production quality of the Dematha FB Live is great for HS too. More entertaining that most of our games IMO.

Hawkins had 15/5/2 in their last matchup a week ago. It'll be interesting to see if he can follow it up with better 3 point shooting this time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Announcers that actually say who is passing to who is a big help. Hawkins shot is nice. He plays with an even tempo rather than showing intensity and energy that I'd like to see. His above the rim basket was instructive to see that capability and he ran back down the court hard to get back to Keels who hadn't crossed half court. It showed he did have a faster gear. Both he and Diggins play with that steady pace. We are going to need a couple of 'in your face' high energy guys to compliment. Man does Hawkins look skinny next to Keels and even other skinny guys. A lot of strength work he will need. Interesting Josh Moore the Villanova Moore's brother looks like a mini Wes Unseld. Second half end to end dunk was excellent and aggressive. Excellent take at 1 min with urgency, pull up. Clutch 3 at 7 sec to tie shows something.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Please tell me someone else saw that. Defensive rebound, dribbled full court through traffic and a ridiculous one-handed dunk. That was a young Ray play right there.

Edit: Another great finish now too in the half court. He can't miss today.

Reaction Score
IMO (with blue colored glasses) the reason why this even went to overtime was Dematha moved off of having Hawkins guard Keels. Keels is 7/7 from 2 point range (I think), and 2/6 from from deep with TWELVE foul shots when anyone but Hawkins is guarding him. Only 2/5 and 1/2 with 2 foul shots when Hawkins guarding. May be a thing with foul trouble though, I'm not sure.

I believe Keels has 35 in regulation. Hawkins 29.

Reaction Score
Hawkins's final stats for the game...

29 PTS
4 REB (2 offensive)
1 AST (2 potential/0 foul)

3 TO
0 STL
1 BLK

9/16 2FG
3/4 3FG
2/2 FT
  • I’ve said it before, but his 1 dribble pull up to the baseline is PURE. He must be shooting 80% on them for the season, honestly. Great shooter. Tough on the rim when he gets it down low. When he gets his handle up to snuff, he won't be stoppable in the big east.
  • He was on fire. Couldn’t miss at times today. Unbelievable performance.
  • PVI came back from a double digit deficit because Dematha had to take Hawkins off Keels because of foul trouble.
  • He isn’t the shot creator that we really need to replace Bouk, but he is, in my opinion a kid who will be starting by the middle of January next year. His defense and shooting is something you can’t not have on the floor.
  • Like I said before, I thought he did a better job than anyone on his team on Keels. Keels is an NBA player... 37 points and great with the ball in his hands. He's understandably a 5* player.

Reaction Score
Watched the whole game, Hawkins showed off the whole offensive package. Keels is a great player but Hawkins clearly has the most talent for the future out of anyone on the court. Great high school game, 429 thanks for the heads up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom