Hawkins and Diggins Live Streams | The Boneyard

Hawkins and Diggins Live Streams

Reaction Score

Dematha is live on FB. Starting now.

Archbishop wood on youtube at 7pm.

If you want to watch both, watch Dematha first bc it's only available live.

I'll catch both tonight and post some stats.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Dematha is live on FB. Starting now.

Archbishop wood on youtube at 7pm.

If you want to watch both, watch Dematha first bc it's only available live.

I'll catch both tonight and post some stats.
Always appreciate your recaps.

Reaction Score
I can’t believe how good the video quality and commentary is on this DeMatha broadcast. It’s like watching a game on ESPN+

The announcers are a bunch of goofballs, but they clearly love their school. Better than having to hear half the clowns on ESPN most nights.

Reaction Score
HAWKINS VS GONZAGA PREP 2/4

19 PTS
6 REB (offensive)
3 AST (2 potential/ 1 foul)

2 TO
2 STL
3 BLK

5/9 2FG
2/5 3FG
3/4 FT
  • Gonzaga is no joke of a team… multiple 4* players on the team and basically the whole starting lineup is high-major bound 3* or better.
  • Left hand finish early in the first--nice to see he’s improving his package at the rim.
  • His help defense IQ is off the charts for this age. So good… if we can pair him with another good on ball defender our perimeter D will be the best in the conference
  • Hawkins locked Judah Mintz DOWN when he was guarding him. Top 100 CG class of 2022. Not sure quite what % or #s he kept him to, but it felt like he went off when Hawkins had to leave the game with a nosebleed in the first half, and when he left the game with a couple minutes left in the 2nd half.
  • I think he must be shooting 80% on baseline pullup jumpers this season. It’s absurd. Every game he hits at least 3. Uses it to keep defenders off him to open up his 3 ball
  • Twice in this game when Hawkins sat, the other team cut a 6-8 point lead down to 0. His defense and effecient scoring impact the game.
  • Passed the rock MUCH better than I have seen before this game. Had two drive and kicks for 3s… Most games before he’ll have an assist and maybe 1 potential.. The total shows a much better game awareness.
  • learning to dribble in games here and there is going to be huge for his development. He spent a lot more time handling it today which was good to see.
  • If you want to know how athletic he is… a teammate unexpectedly dumped the ball right under the basket. Hawkins caught the ball at his chest and SLAMMED it with no warning and only 1 step to gather. This was with 5 minutes left in the game too so he was already gassed.

Overall take: He’s due for a rankings bump. Passing and handle has improved. More scoring. Retained his trademark efficiency and defense.

Gotta tell ya’ll, I like what I see from Rodney Rice more than Justice Williams. Williams is barely playing this season. Finishing well with both hands, handles it decent for his size, strong, makes some shots. Just not a ++++ athlete.

Reaction Score
12 PTS
8 REB ( 1 offensive)
4 AST (3 potential / 1 foul)

3 TO
6 STL
0 BLK

3/8 2FG
1/3 3FG
1/2 FT

• You can tell which one is Diggins because he has the blue surgical mask on. Hard to read the numbers.
  • Weak on defense fundamentally. I’m assuming hurley thinks he can coach him up. Way too much waving his arms on D instead of sliding his feet. Major liability right now if he were to come up to this level.
  • Phenomenal at hitting ahead in transition. Between Hawkins, Johnson, Akok and Jackson we should be flying down the court on the break.
  • Shot is too low and not fundamentally sound. Will be a concern going forward and coaches will need to help him optimize his form or his %s will suffer.
  • Communicates really well on both sides of the ball
  • Has a way of getting his hands on every loose ball. Some players just have that “it” factor. Hard to explain… Shabazz had the same quality.
  • Not his best offensive outing. Forcing things at the rim too much.
  • Roams off his man to get those steals a lot--I don’t think we can expect that here vs better competition. He does have a good eye for where everyone is looking. Helps him gets steals and with assists.
  • I think his leadership gets him a spot on the court year 1.

Nice box out on the bigger opponent… followed by a transition euro next possession.

Nothing came of it… but this is an 80 foot pass that he drops right into a running teammates hands. That is a huge asset.
https://youtu.be/cu0A_GNNR9E?t=2437

This is not so good. Got pumped faked in the air by a pass fake?
https://youtu.be/cu0A_GNNR9E?t=3642

Rebound, hit ahead, 3 ball. Great sequence
https://youtu.be/cu0A_GNNR9E?t=3768

Kinda traveled, but a nice off balance pass anyways
https://youtu.be/cu0A_GNNR9E?t=4041

Steal and a nice dime
https://youtu.be/cu0A_GNNR9E?t=4066

Finally got a finish at the rim
https://youtu.be/cu0A_GNNR9E?t=4100

Annndddda 3
https://youtu.be/cu0A_GNNR9E?t=4172

Steal and the first dunk I’ve seen him get… which of course the cameraman misses.
https://youtu.be/cu0A_GNNR9E?t=4280

Overall: I haven’t seen enough this year, or him play any better teams to be sure. Handle seems a little better--not flashy but efficient. Passing, IQ and leadership are amazing. I think he may be a little overrated if his shot hasn’t improved since last year. We’ll have to wait to get more games under his belt, but the bad form isn’t promising.

Both Hawkins and Diggins are part of REALLY well coached teams. Archbishop Wood always punches above their weight class, and obviously dematha is legendary. I don’t know as much about TPS.

Reaction Score
Hawkins is absolutely underrated. I don't know how a 6'5 or 6'6 3 and D wing that goes to a top 10 HS basketball program could be, but he is. IMO he's a 20-30 ranked recruit, borderline 5*. He's a decent handle and a couple more passing reads away from being a top 10 player in the class. Expect a bump.

Diggins may be a little overrated at around 50 if his shot hasn't improved. He does a lot right, but a PG who can't defend well at all and struggles shooting the rock should probably be more like #75. If his shot can start falling vs better teams, then 50 is probably right. On the other hand, his teams have always performed better than their pieces, and you can't really argue with success.

Reaction Score
HAWKINS VS GONZAGA PREP 2/4

19 PTS
6 REB (offensive)
3 AST (2 potential/ 1 foul)

2 TO
2 STL
3 BLK

5/9 2FG
2/5 3FG
3/4 FT
  • Gonzaga is no joke of a team… multiple 4* players on the team and basically the whole starting lineup is high-major bound 3* or better.
  • Left hand finish early in the first--nice to see he’s improving his package at the rim.
  • His help defense IQ is off the charts for this age. So good… if we can pair him with another good on ball defender our perimeter D will be the best in the conference
  • Hawkins locked Judah Mintz DOWN when he was guarding him. Top 100 CG class of 2022. Not sure quite what % or #s he kept him to, but it felt like he went off when Hawkins had to leave the game with a nosebleed in the first half, and when he left the game with a couple minutes left in the 2nd half.
  • I think he must be shooting 80% on baseline pullup jumpers this season. It’s absurd. Every game he hits at least 3. Uses it to keep defenders off him to open up his 3 ball
  • Twice in this game when Hawkins sat, the other team cut a 6-8 point lead down to 0. His defense and effecient scoring impact the game.
  • Passed the rock MUCH better than I have seen before this game. Had two drive and kicks for 3s… Most games before he’ll have an assist and maybe 1 potential.. The total shows a much better game awareness.
  • learning to dribble in games here and there is going to be huge for his development. He spent a lot more time handling it today which was good to see.
  • If you want to know how athletic he is… a teammate unexpectedly dumped the ball right under the basket. Hawkins caught the ball at his chest and SLAMMED it with no warning and only 1 step to gather. This was with 5 minutes left in the game too so he was already gassed.

Overall take: He’s due for a rankings bump. Passing and handle has improved. More scoring. Retained his trademark efficiency and defense.

Gotta tell ya’ll, I like what I see from Rodney Rice more than Justice Williams. Williams is barely playing this season. Finishing well with both hands, handles it decent for his size, strong, makes some shots. Just not a ++++ athlete.
Yo man, outstanding breakdown, next best thing to being there. Thank you.

Reaction Score
Hawkins is absolutely underrated. I don't know how a 6'5 or 6'6 3 and D wing that goes to a top 10 HS basketball program could be, but he is. IMO he's a 20-30 ranked recruit, borderline 5*. He's a decent handle and a couple more passing reads away from being a top 10 player in the class. Expect a bump.

Diggins may be a little overrated at around 50 if his shot hasn't improved. He does a lot right, but a PG who can't defend well at all and struggles shooting the rock should probably be more like #75. If his shot can start falling vs better teams, then 50 is probably right. On the other hand, his teams have always performed better than their pieces, and you can't really argue with success.
Exciting to hear your take on Hawkins but disappointing about Diggins. Still time for him to prove you wrong though!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Hmm... must have had his foot on the line for one of the 3s. I'll still count it.

And for reference.... senior year stats at Dematha from well-known players include

Oladipo - 12 PTS, 10 REB, 3.6 BLK
Jerami Grant (#48) - 12 PTS
Markelle Fultz (#5) - 17/8/4
Hunter Dickinson (#43) - 18/10/4

They're a share the wealth kind of team. Right now, Hawkins is averaging in the 7 games I've seen:

16.6 PTS
5.0 REB
1.6 AST

1.0 TO
1.2 STL
1.8 BLK

56% from the field. 40% from 3, 66% from 2.

Reaction Score
Hmm... must have had his foot on the line for one of the 3s. I'll still count it.

And for reference.... senior year stats at Dematha from well-known players include

They're a share the wealth kind of team. Right now, Hawkins is averaging in the 7 games I've seen:

16.6 PTS
5.0 REB
1.6 AST

1.0 TO
1.2 STL
1.8 BLK

Doing gods work. Much appreciated!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

16.6 PTS
5.0 REB
1.6 AST

1.0 TO
1.2 STL
1.8 BLK

They’re absolutely loaded at the guard spot this year too. They have 4 or 5 top 100 guards. Averaging over 16 is very impressive.

C

Chief00

Last year, Chief had a general discussion regarding how many shooters does an elite college team need today. Historically, when Chief had this discussion with someone in coaching, the answer was 3. Today, the answer seems to be 4 in addition to an effective guy in the post with good hands and inside out passing ability (Sanogo). Chief knows we will get some of our beloved casual fans responding Chief is wrong, everyone on the team should be a shooter. But, that’s not realistic or how teams are constructed for a variety of reasons.

Reaction Score

Hawkins will be playing live on FB again today at 2:00

FWIW the game is vs Paul VI, which is a top 25 team in the country by most services.

I expect Hawkins will end up checking 5* Trevor Keels most of this game who is averaging 26/9/7. Should be a really fun matchup. I would imagine energy is going to be through the roof in this one. They're about the same height, but Keels has 25lbs or so on Keels... they might want to put a bigger defender on him we'll see.

On the team are... 4* Dug Mcdaniel, 5* Trevor Keels, 4* Deshawn Harris-Smith, Potential 5* freshman Garrett Sundra.

Other D1 players on the roster:

Tyler Coleman
Ty Wilson
Luke Triggs
Darren Harris

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They’re absolutely loaded at the guard spot this year too. They have 4 or 5 top 100 guards. Averaging over 16 is very impressive.

I think most of us would agree that we would MUCH rather have a young man averaging less from a program like DeMatha where they are playing against other high Division 1 - level kids both in games and at practice than someone with monster stats who isn't playing against top level talent. For many reasons, one of the most important of which being he is learning how to be highly effective within the structure of his team. This makes his transition to the high D1-level college game (usually) much smoother.

@gtcam deserves total credit for highlighting young Mr. Hawkins as a "must have" for us 2 years ago. I remember reading his comments from the first time the names of 2021 recruits were being discussed and he brought Jordan's name into the conversation, praying that he would get on our coaches' radar, and then we would find a way to get him.

We are all on the bandwagon with you now @gtcam. Jordan Hawkins looks like he is going to be a star for us, and has a great chance at a significant (and hopefully more) career in the NBA.

I also remember being disappointed the day a few years back that we didn't get Myles Powell to come here (he was significantly under-ranked also, but correctly identified as the best outside shooter in his class by several recruiting "gurus" at the time. Too bad KO and his staff were not good at projecting how good a player like Powell would be in college, since it was known that he actually wanted to come here).

Bottom line: I, like all of you, am really looking forward to seeing what a top level outside shooter who also has a well-rounded game looks like in a Huskies uniform again...

Reaction Score
And fwiw Dematha's roster looks like this that I could find

Hawkins - #49
Jason Moore - #24 football recruit
Elijah Hawkins - Unranked... should go low or mid-major somewhere.
Rodney Rice - #87
Jaedan Mustaf - 3* football recruit
Jacoi Hutchinson - 4* 2023 recruit
Tyrell Ward - #108
Bryson Hill - 3* football recruit
Jerrell Roberson - Unranked... low-major recruit

Dematha shouldn't be top 10 in the country. They're just brilliantly coached and always efficient on both ends.

Reaction Score
15 PTS
5 REB (3 offensive)
2 AST (3 potential / 0 foul)

3 TO
3 STL
1 BLK

4/5 2FG
1/3 3FG
4/5 FT
  • Very limited minutes in the first half… must’ve only played 5-7 minutes for some reason.
  • Started second half and looked good though! Nice lay in on first possession.
  • Passing looks to be getting better still, and this against a great team… Had a few nice jump stops at the FT line to kick to shooters who either missed or drove so he didn’ get the dime. But still better passing. Basic… but he’s looking for it, which he wasn’t a year ago.
  • Did NOT end up being primary defender on Keels for most of the game. Mostly guarded sophomore Harris-Smith who is rated #45 in the class on 247.
  • Had a beast of a block. Went straight up and took a HARD hit in the chest to tip it… really nice defensive play from the help. He is such a good help defender.
  • Played maybe the last 8-10 minutes face-guarding Keels. Did a really good job. Keels must’ve had 25 points earlier in the game and he kept him from scoring outside of a 3 in a nice set play they drew up after a TO, and a free throw. Dematha had to go to a zone when Hawkins went out because no one had the length to cover Keels.
  • Filthy and-1 off an offensive board late in the game. I hope they get that on the mixtape.
  • Consistently the team goes down when he’s out and makes comebacks when he gets in the game. In the 2nd half they went down 7 when he sat.
  • Has a great way of hitting timely 3s from the corner when his team needs it. Icy.

Good game for Rodney Rice offensively. Great corner 3 pt shot. Could'nt check Keels though.

Reaction Score
15 PTS
5 REB (3 offensive)
2 AST (3 potential / 0 foul)

3 TO
3 STL
1 BLK

4/5 2FG
1/3 3FG
4/5 FT
  • Very limited minutes in the first half… must’ve only played 5-7 minutes for some reason.
  • Started second half and looked good though! Nice lay in on first possession.
  • Passing looks to be getting better still, and this against a great team… Had a few nice jump stops at the FT line to kick to shooters who either missed or drove so he didn’ get the dime. But still better passing. Basic… but he’s looking for it, which he wasn’t a year ago.
  • Did NOT end up being primary defender on Keels for most of the game. Mostly guarded sophomore Harris-Smith who is rated #45 in the class on 247.
  • Had a beast of a block. Went straight up and took a HARD hit in the chest to tip it… really nice defensive play from the help. He is such a good help defender.
  • Played maybe the last 8-10 minutes face-guarding Keels. Did a really good job. Keels must’ve had 25 points earlier in the game and he kept him from scoring outside of a 3 in a nice set play they drew up after a TO, and a free throw. Dematha had to go to a zone when Hawkins went out because no one had the length to cover Keels.
  • Filthy and-1 off an offensive board late in the game. I hope they get that on the mixtape.
  • Consistently the team goes down when he’s out and makes comebacks when he gets in the game. In the 2nd half they went down 7 when he sat.
  • Has a great way of hitting timely 3s from the corner when his team needs it. Icy.

Good game for Rodney Rice offensively. Great corner 3 pt shot. Could'nt check Keels though.
Are there replays of these games or more highlight packages? i think this kid is going to be a serious stud.

Reaction Score
Are there replays of these games or more highlight packages? i think this kid is going to be a serious stud.

I don't think it's anywhere but facebook live. Whoever makes the highlights would know more than me though.

I think I'm pretty honest with my analysis of kids. My last post on Sool wasn't positive in a lot of places for example. But it is really hard for me to find fault in this kids game. He knows exactly what he is and plays to those strengths. His handle isn't great, he's still learning to pass the rock. But he plays to his strengths and does it ridiculously well at times.

His shooting, effeciency scoring, great defense, athleticism are NBA traits. He's building his game to have a 10+ year NBA career. He isn't getting away with crap bc he's faster and jumps higher than opponents. He's clearly training every day to be better at the skills that will make him a pro.

The more I watch the more I think this kid might be the biggest recruiting steal we've had outside of Bouk

Reaction Score

This was Diggins last game. Neumann-Goretti is usually a very good team. I may watch later tonight

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
it’s very impressive that Sool has this team top 10 nationally and atop of the PCL. It’s literally just him and 3 low/mid major kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom