Hawaii @ Oregon St (5) - 12/06/19 | The Boneyard

Hawaii @ Oregon St (5) - 12/06/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Hawaii is better than many people think, They beat Texas and hung with No. 12 NC State. With a win tonight, Oregon State could very well be ranked No. 4 in both polls next week due to Louisville's loss.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Be afraid...be very afraid. Oregon State had better bring their A game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Hawai'i won't have home court advantage here, and I suspect they'll be more like the team that lost to Loyola Marymount and Texas Southern. They also will have no one who can match up inside with OSU's trees.

Reaction Score
I think OSU will be ready. After their last game against Liberty, Rueck said in an interview that the Beavers "could not have played any worse". They were very flat, uninspired, and lacked focus. Of course Liberty was just the opposite. No way is OSU going to play poorly tonight at home, especially after a big wake up call.

Reaction Score
I can tell you that after Oregon State's last game, they are going to come out and attempt to put Hawaii away in the first quarter. Oregon State was down at half-time for the first time this year in their last game, and, it was for Coach Rueck's 500th win. I listened to a Scott Rueck interview from last night, and he is well aware of Hawaii's record, talent, and that they played excellent against NC State and Texas.

Reaction Score
I can tell you that after Oregon State's last game, they are going to come out and attempt to put Hawaii away in the first quarter. Oregon State was down at half-time for the first time this year in their last game, and, it was for Coach Rueck's 500th win. I listened to a Scott Rueck interview from last night, and he is well aware of Hawaii's record, talent, and that they played excellent against NC State and Texas.
Minor correction - OSU was also down 4 points against Missouri State at half-time.

Reaction Score
Minor correction - OSU was also down 4 points against Missouri State at half-time.
Thank you. I was there at that game as well....probably was not as worried, but, probably would have been had I had the benefit of watching Missouri State play before the game with OSU. Missouri State is a very solid team.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ugly first half. OSU had a few brief flurries but mostly looked out of synch on offense. Still leading 31-15. Kennedy Brown is leading the way w/ 10 points on 4-5 shooting. Taylor Jones has barely played, picked up a couple of early fouls.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That's more like it. 48-20 OSU thru 3 quarters. Are we sure Texas lost to Hawaii?

Reaction Score
Very good Defense on Hawaii, anytime you hold a team to 23% shooting. Beavers doubled the opponents score. Solid, but free throw and 3 pt shooting needs work.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That's more like it. 48-20 OSU thru 3 quarters. Are we sure Texas lost to Hawaii?
Did you forget that Texas sucks this year?

Hawai'i to be fair shot out of its mind from the 3-point line against Texas: 10 of 19. Before that they had shot:
6-31
5-19
4-19
4-18
2-15
7-23
11-28 (vs. NC State)

Season average: 28.5% FG3

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did you forget that Texas sucks this year?

Well there's that, but I thought NC State is fairly good and the 'Bows hung close against them.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well there's that, but I thought NC State is fairly good and the 'Bows hung close against them.
At Hawaii. Not the same when they have to travel across the ocean.

Reaction Score
They did, at least defensively. They decided during practice this week that defense was going to be their emphasis. It showed.

Reaction Score
NC State is still a very good team regardless of whether or not they crossed the ocean...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What happens if both teams have to cross an open body of water, like say the Bahamas or Virgin Islands? Is flying over water more draining than flying over land? What about crossing international borders? Maybe we just need to throw out everything that happened during Thanksgiving week, because a lot of teams traveled long distances. :cool:

Reaction Score
Was at the game tonight. Rueck played so many different combinations tonight, so no surprise that OSU was a bit out of synch tonight on offense. It didn't seem to matter who was in when it came to defense, OSU players all were solid defensively tonight. I could here all of them calling out screens, and switching on screens was very good tonight. Holding any team to 32 points is outstanding. Rueck will shorten the rotation once PAC-12 play begins. Everyone on the team that suited up, got decent minutes tonight.

Reaction Score
4780. Not bad for a tune-up game on a rainy winter Friday night during dead week. Typical for this sort of game - the biggest cheers were when the walk-on scored.
The walk-on can flat out shoot. The bench goes bonkers when she connects on 3-pointers

Reaction Score
Noelle belongs in the "Freshman Surprise" list. The girl couldn't walk on at USF, but her HS track coach is a friend of Rueck's. She goes to Scott for advice and comes away with an answer of, "well, why not walk on here?" Of course, Scott was just looking for an extra guard for practices, but she isn't acting like she's just happy to be here. (I mean, she is definitely happy to be here. She is the most relentlessly happy person you will ever meet.)

You have to love the story. One week you are getting the cold shoulder from a WCC coach, the next you are getting a dish from Destiny Slocum with the green light to nail the three.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom