Has Sid Landed Anywhere? | The Boneyard

Has Sid Landed Anywhere?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Would be cool if he came back as a walk on. But obviously that isn't on the table.

Reaction Score
No North Central Montana State or Southeastern Central Arkansas State offers? Some organization, somewhere, could use the kid's gifts I would think.

Truthfully a Bryant business education degree would be a positive thing. Just hope the young man doesn't leave his educational opportunities on the table.

Reaction Score
Nope. Still only official offer is from Bryant out of the NEC.
Nothing to lament here.

Rick Smits went to Marist and if you check their schedule last year, they played against similar competition to Bryant. So, you can go to an unheralded school and do something if your skills and willingness intersect.

If Sid played D1 again, it is not unlikely that he would be seeing limited playing time because of his proneness to foul and his defensive lapses and turnovers.

At Bryant and their level of competition, the swats for the ball might result in steals or blocks, rather than fouls. A defensive overplay might not be an overplay because the other player might not be able to blow by him. The lost dribbles might not be lost , but could be straight to the basket dunks.

Not saying he has Rick Smits potential, but if he is better than he has shown while at UConn and he actually starts and makes a positive impact, maybe Bryant can make it to the NIT and then he can show what he has, on a larger stage.

Reaction Score
He should just go pro. He's good enough to play in a pro league somewhere after Covid-19 is over and earn $150k+ per year. However, the money earned playing on Asia or Europe won't last a lifetime and will be a lot less than earned with a college degree in the long run.

Reaction Score
He should just go pro. He's good enough to play in a pro league somewhere after Covid-19 is over and earn $150k+ per year. However, the money earned playing on Asia or Europe won't last a lifetime and will be a lot less than earned with a college degree in the long run.
He could also make 4x the cost of his final year of college while playing pro and still finish his degree

Reaction Score
no he's not

I mean Tyler Olander and RJ Evans played pro "somewhere". Won't make a ton and the whole culture of those teams sucks. But it's an option, even if it isn't great

I think he'd do well at an A10 level school. At our level his athleticism didn't make up foe his deficiencies. It should there I'd think

Reaction Score
no he's not
E.J. Harrison was a recruited walk-on and played at least 15 years pro in England. Any D1 American can play pro somewhere if they want. I know a ton of kids from NEC schools who are playing pro ball.

Reaction Score
E.J. Harrison was a recruited walk-on and played at least 15 years pro in England. Any D1 American can play pro somewhere if they want. I know a ton of kids from NEC schools who are playing pro ball.
let's see how he does one more year in a mid major first. just over 50% of D1 players play professionally in some capacity

Reaction Score
Athleticism doesn't necessarily equate to a skilled basketball player. Sid never showed he could contribute on a consistent basis despite some great highlights. And I'm sure his suspensions and the like aren't helping his stock.

I hope a decent mid major or A10 team offers. If he could get into an up-tempo system perhaps he could flourish and make a name for himself.

Reaction Score
What did he play at UConn probably around the equivalent of one season.
He sat out his freshman year was suspended the first half of his sophomore year and was either injured or suspended a bunch of games his junior year.
He had games were he scored in double digits against decent competition and even earned a couple of starts. He could play that’s not the issue. There are guys being grabbed with less upside.
Somethings up with no takers and its more than skill.
Does he have to sit another year or does his history of non adherence to team rules play a part.

Reaction Score
I mean Tyler Olander and RJ Evans played pro "somewhere". Won't make a ton and the whole culture of those teams sucks. But it's an option, even if it isn't great

I think he'd do well at an A10 level school. At our level his athleticism didn't make up foe his deficiencies. It should there I'd think
VCU, Davidson, and St. Louis are there. Pretty good programs. If any of the A10 schools want him, he should go. If no offers there, then on to Bryant. You go where they want you.

Reaction Score
Bryant is a solid landing spot for Sid because I really like Jared Grasso.

Grasso is a Northeast basketball lifer who immediately went into coaching after graduating from Quinnipiac with assistant spots at Hofstra, Hartford, Quinnipiac, Fordham and most recently 7 seasons as Associate Head Coach under Tim Cluess at Iona. At 40 years of age, Grasso is certainly a young riser and I'd expect him to work his way up the coaching ranks over the next 20 years.

Entering his second third with Bryant, Grasso is doing a nice job embracing a diverse acquisition talent from high school, JUCO and transfers. This year, Peter Kiss from Rutgers is joining the team while in 2021, they'll have former Wake commit Melo Eggleston joining too so there's already a precedence in acquiring former top end talent.

Bryant was 78th nationally in pace last season, so I can see Sid fitting in well there.

True, the NEC is not a good conference, but it's easy on travel and keeps him close to home.

Reaction Score
One of my former players played @ Sacred Heart.

What a crap conference but it is geographically sound. I really like the Bryant program, they had a kid I watched play in high school, Dan Garvin. Loved following his career there, solid but not spectacular.

I did see him dunk on one of my former prep players who transferred to public in the state tournament, put him on a goshdarn poster :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom