Hartford/Elm City Thread | The Boneyard

Hartford/Elm City Thread

Reaction Score
They start this weekend.

I found a pretty cool article on Detroit City. The owners sound like regular dudes who run a soccer club for fun. Now they are over 1M in revenue a year and making a small profit. Their average attendance beats USL's average/ They are looking for outside investment to move up to the NASL/USL.

Crain's Detroit Business : Subscription Center

Reaction Score
"Kingston" ... thought, "Wow, Jamaica, that's interesting". Then read the article, figured out it's a Kingston's somewhere in upstate NY, and saw the high school (American) football field. It is what it is ...

With a large metro area population albeit smaller than just a few decades ago, the Detroit semi-pro club's relative success is impressive. Imagine if Detroit City competed against nearby clubs in Chicago, Toronto, Cleveland (not yet), etc. or NY, LA, etc.; somehow it might entice more home support than an opponent based in an unheard of lowly-populated suburban area such as Kingston. Hopefully, Le Rouge's owners drive their for the fun of it club to attract enough support to move Detroit up the NASL/USL ranks and an eventual MLS franchise. And, manage to hang on to ownership control to boot.

Reaction Score
Just got back from the match. 2-0 win for Hartford City. They announced attendance at close to 600. The stands filled out pretty well, especially for a soggy night.

Reaction Score
Missed yesterday's match. I'll admit the rain kept me away, but I didn't know CCSU has covered stands.

Hartford is now 2-0.

Will try and make it down to NH for the next one.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Is there promotion or anything like that in the league that Hartford plays in? I seem to vaguely recall there being promotion in a low, low tier of US Soccer but I might be wrong.

2-0 start is impressive for a start up club

Reaction Score
Is there promotion or anything like that in the league that Hartford plays in? I seem to vaguely recall there being promotion in a low, low tier of US Soccer but I might be wrong.

2-0 start is impressive for a start up club

I think NPSL was the league that was considering something like that.

Reaction Score
HCFC doesn't stream their home games but Kingston does, and I would bet a couple other teams do. I'll post links if available here.

Here's a couple highlights from the inaugural game on YT:

Reaction Score
Elm City says they will be streaming the game on facebook as long as no issues arise last second.

Reaction Score
1250 is good. Better than a bunch of USL teams.

We'll have to see what Hartford draws this Saturday with cooperative weather unlike their home opener. New Haven drawing 1,250 certainly sets the bar higher.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We'll have to see what Hartford draws this Saturday with cooperative weather unlike their home opener. New Haven drawing 1,250 certainly sets the bar higher.
It would be interesting to know if it was a split crowd or pro home team. Both clubs are literally 30 min apart so that total might be reflective of both teams entire fan base. Pull those numbers vs a club further away and I'll be impressed

Reaction Score
It would be interesting to know if it was a split crowd or pro home team. Both clubs are literally 30 min apart so that total might be reflective of both teams entire fan base. Pull those numbers vs a club further away and I'll be impressed

I know the Hartford City supporter club (Agents of Hale) attended but I doubt there were more than maybe 100 Hartford fans there. I think Elm City will draw similarly next game (weather permitting).

Reaction Score
Hartford City remains atop the table after a 2-2 draw vs. 2nd place Kingston Stockade. Got unlucky with a couple hit posts at the end of the match.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom