Hartford Courant - Stamford | The Boneyard

Hartford Courant - Stamford

Reaction Score
Went to 4-5 gas stations in Stamford on Tuesday to try and pick up a copy of the Courant but had no luck.

Long shot but would love to find a copy. Any ideas? Anyone with a spare they want to sell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
You can order back issues online. Is this the edition from this past Tuesday?

Not 100% sure when the “Champs Again” edition came out. May have actually been Wednesday since the game ended pretty late EST on Monday.

The “Six-cess” is a special commemorative section from Friday’s paper. Either way, thank you! Worth spending the $8 for the back issue and hoping it’s got what I need, lol.

Reaction Score
so to be clear, this edition was from Friday’s paper 4/12 where we can order it and select that date? I’ve been looking around here and can’t find anything

Reaction Score
What this team accomplished is much more impressive than anything that was ballyhooed about a certain unnamed woman college player.

Some talking heads on ESPN and others have had interviews with Dan (and one or two players posted on YouTube) as post-game follow ups but nothing compares to the other promotional build-up including continual ads (State Farm as example that incidentally has been the major sponsor of the WNBA draft will have Jake plastered across your tv screen on draft night with the apparent #1 draft pick. Enjoy.)

This is in no way intended to take anything from her or the women's game. (I have been a fan of the women's game for longer than I care to admit and like that it is finally getting the attention it deserves for the caliber of play and players.) But why isn't there as much ballyhoo about this men's team that did something that no team in over 17 years has accomplished. They deserve as much - if not more - publicity and promotion. Maybe what the UConn men's team needs is the same ad agency that handled the promotion of you-know-who.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom