Hartford Athletic - 2021 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hartford Athletic - 2021

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hartford with the important bounce back win tonight.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Oakland Roots should change their colors to match the Raiders.
This gives me flashbacks to when the Wolf Pack re-branded as the Connecticut Fail (Whale) and the players were forced to wear green and blue. Thankfully that little experiment failed and the team reverted back to the Wolf Pack 2½ years later.

Reaction Score
This gives me flashbacks to when the Wolf Pack re-branded as the Connecticut Fail (Whale) and the players were forced to wear green and blue. Thankfully that little experiment failed and the team reverted back to the Wolf Pack 2½ years later.
And you're cool the Hartford Whalers Athletic FC doing the same? The Wolf Pack have the Rangers' colors with silver added at times.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why don't you guys with nothing to do go find a Yard Goats board and fill that with your silly color scheme bleatings?

Reaction Score
Why don't you guys with nothing to do go find a Yard Goats board and fill that with your silly color scheme bleatings?
Ah yes, the Yard Goats. A team named after a engine that switches a train to get ready for another locomotive and yet their branding reflects none of that. Instead we get a logo of goat chewing on a bat and 2 goat mascots that look like they're on an acid trip. You could argue the "New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad" font they use in their logo is railroad related but that's a stretch. And to top it all off, they rip off the colors of a hockey team that a few delusional individuals refuse to let go of.

Reaction Score
Used to be told I should have majored in sports marketing while in college by dormmates.

Let's just paint everything in Hartford green and blue. They already use green and blue lighting on a building near the baseball stadium.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Ah yes, the Yard Goats. A team named after a engine that switches a train to get ready for another locomotive and yet their branding reflects none of that. Instead we get a logo of goat chewing on a bat and 2 goat mascots that look like they're on an acid trip. You could argue the "New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad" font they use in their logo is railroad related but that's a stretch. And to top it all off, they rip off the colors of a hockey team that a few delusional individuals refuse to let go of.
By all measures the YGs are a very successful concern. Not sure I understand the anger towards a AA affiliate ofnthe Colorado Rockies that draws well and plays in a great park.

Reaction Score
By all measures the YGs are a very successful concern.
I never said they weren't
Not sure I understand the anger towards a AA affiliate ofnthe Colorado Rockies that draws well and plays in a great park.
Well stating the obvious doesn't exactly mean I'm "angry." I actually get a good laugh every time I see their methed out mascots. And yeah, they're affiliated with the Rockies but the casual fan wouldn't know that just by walking around the ballpark or the gift shop. Heck they barely acknowledge the Rockies as it is.

Reaction Score
By all measures the YGs are a very successful concern. Not sure I understand the anger towards a AA affiliate ofnthe Colorado Rockies that draws well and plays in a great park.
We're talking about sports marketing. Los Chivos de Hartford's logo and colors even look better.

To have "civic pride" revolve around the damn Whalers.... I hope the Chinese fix this.

Reaction Score
To have "civic pride" revolve around the damn Whalers.... I hope the Chinese fix this.
A good friend of mine who lives down south asked me why Connecticut is so obsessed with a team that has been gone for a quarter of a century and has no chance of returning. I told him "because some people have a hard time accepting the fact Connecticut is and always will be a minor league state."

Reaction Score
A good friend of mine who lives down south asked me why Connecticut is so obsessed with a team that has been gone for a quarter of a century and has no chance of returning. I told him "because some people have a hard time accepting the fact Connecticut is and always will be a minor league state."
Always? Very untrue early on in the history of professional circuits. Connecticut can easily be a major league state, just happens to be the number of franchises are limited and are used for social engineering. Hartford was the richest city in the US between the Civil War and the Great Depression.

The deep history of the city and state actually reflect on why people feel so pained over one damn franchise. Also, the fact we don't consider ourselves NY or Boston. On the other hand, there is a WNBA team here. Last I checked, the last time Louisville had a major league team was the ABA. Didn't even get absorbed into the NBA despite being the most successful ABA franchise.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about the future unless some billionaire wants to invest his money here. lol
Won't be any time soon, obviously.

This is actually how your quote shows up. Edits get preserved. Wonderful. I need to wane myself off social media. Lol

Reaction Score
Notice I haven't responded. It was sarcasm on my part that gets to him. He knows very well what I am referring to.

No actually I don’t. Why don’t you refresh my memory.

You’re a wack job. Your hang up over the Whalers is really amusing though.

Reaction Score

This is sports Asperger’s in action.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oh I know. It's not like I was backpedaling and deleting stuff to save myself further embarrassment like I've seen other people do on here. haha
Hey Lou, before I put you ignore do have anything to offer? Clearly not insight or wit so far.

Reaction Score
Hey Lou, before I put you ignore do have anything to offer? Clearly not insight or wit so far.
Nah but keep drinking that kool-aid man. The more you drink, the better chance Hartford has at getting the NHL back. lmao

Reaction Score
No actually I don’t. Why don’t you refresh my memory.

You’re a wack job. Your hang up over the Whalers is really amusing though.
The fact you'd resort to medical conditions to make attempts to insult someone speaks for yourself. Don't you have some cornfields to play in?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nah but keep drinking that kool-aid man. The more you drink, the better chance Hartford has at getting the NHL back. lmao
All you have is projection. I'm an Athletic fan.

Two questions: Lou City? Really? It's so awkward.

Reaction Score
I'm an Athletic fan
So what you're saying is you're not one of those clowns rocking the Whalers plates on his car and humming brass bonanza to himself when no one is looking?
Two questions: Lou City? Really? It's so awkward.
Yup and yup. See you September 7th! Oh and at least I support a team that hasn't been dead for almost 25 years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Now you're catching on!
So how does that jibe with you throwing this kind of shade? " I told him "because some people have a hard time accepting the fact Connecticut is and always will be a minor league state."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom