Hartford Athletic - 2021 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hartford Athletic - 2021

Reaction Score
So how does that jibe with you throwing this kind of shade? " I told him "because some people have a hard time accepting the fact Connecticut is and always will be a minor league state."
Just because I support a minor league soccer club from Kentucky doesn't erase the fact Hartford and Connecticut have been doomed with minor league sports since 1997. Technically I guess we can say the WNBA is pro? lol

Reaction Score
Louisville does have a NWSL club; I remembered. Unless Connecticut gets an NWSL franchise, the WNBA is all there'll be here in the majors. There's no WNBA team in Boston nor are they considering Boston for expansion.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
A good friend of mine who lives down south asked me why Connecticut is so obsessed with a team that has been gone for a quarter of a century and has no chance of returning. I told him "because some people have a hard time accepting the fact Connecticut is and always will be a minor league state."
What's wrong with being a minor league state? We are sandwiched between two of the largest major league markets. Both are within driving distance. So we have minor league teams. Who cares? We also have our state university who we follow very closely, some you might even say religiously.

I'm fine with a being a minor league state with great facilities, DD Park is an amazing stadium.

I'm not sure why you and Butch get your panties all in a bunch over the fact that we love our Whalers. Who cares if they won't come back. Why is it such an issue to you that the color scheme is amazing and the teams around here use it? Does it impact their performance? Do people stay away from games because they can't stand the colors? I can't tell you the number of compliments or positive comments I get when I wear my Whalers hat outside of CT.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
And yeah, they're affiliated with the Rockies but the casual fan wouldn't know that just by walking around the ballpark or the gift shop. Heck they barely acknowledge the Rockies as it is.
How many fans who attend Minor League games know the affiliated club? I'd say 90-95% of people who go to Minor League games go for the fun environment, cheaper tickets, and ability to watch baseball. What teams do you think acknowledge their affiliated clubs? Most don't do it with their logo or name because affiliations change.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just because I support a minor league soccer club from Kentucky doesn't erase the fact Hartford and Connecticut have been doomed with minor league sports since 1997. Technically I guess we can say the WNBA is pro? lol
Hartford Athletic doofus. Only outsiders get hung up with the pro sports thing in CT. There are 14 Big 4 pro sports teams within 125 miles of Hartford (compared to 4 for Lou City). It would have been great if the locals were more wrapped up in it. Instead, Bruins fans kept supporting the Bruins, etc.

Reaction Score
What's wrong with being a minor league state? We are sandwiched between two of the largest major league markets. Both are within driving distance. So we have minor league teams. Who cares? We also have our state university who we follow very closely, some you might even say religiously.

I'm fine with a being a minor league state with great facilities, DD Park is an amazing stadium.

I'm not sure why you and Butch get your panties all in a bunch over the fact that we love our Whalers. Who cares if they won't come back. Why is it such an issue to you that the color scheme is amazing and the teams around here use it? Does it impact their performance? Do people stay away from games because they can't stand the colors? I can't tell you the number of compliments or positive comments I get when I wear my Whalers hat outside of CT.
I have a Whalers flag from the HHOF hanging on my wall 10 feet away from me and said I was a Whalers fan multiple times. You clearly still don't get the context of what I've said.

Go ahead and wave your Whalers colors if that makes you feel good. I didn't say anything against Whalers gear still being produced, did I?

God Almighty.

Reaction Score
Hartford Athletic doofus
Last time I checked, Hartford Athletic is a D2 team in USL Championship (equivalent to AAA baseball) which is still minor league.....doofus.

Oh and I thought you were muting me? hmm?

Reaction Score
look ... you have nothing like Connecticut and UConn whereby half the state root Red Sox and almost exactly the same amount root Yankees. In a 40 year period, that is the dominant rivalry in America's sport in the entire country. And it plays out on a college commons or at the beach. WTF are you arguing about ... and yes a DDP or Hartford Whaler or Hartford Athletic is something different. There's absolutely nothing you can say that is near our fanboy situation. Sorry ... debate over.

Reaction Score
The fact you'd resort to medical conditions to make attempts to insult someone speaks for yourself. Don't you have some cornfields to play in?

No I’m too busy looking for a box score for when UConn scrimmaged Lewis Mills in 1928.

Reaction Score
First thing you see when you get off the plane in BDL is Whalers merch in the gift shops. Love it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Last time I checked, Hartford Athletic is a D2 team in USL Championship (equivalent to AAA baseball) which is still minor league.....doofus.

Oh and I thought you were muting me? hmm?
You admitted Lou City is KY's pro team yet you don't give the same credit to Athletic.

Reaction Score
First thing you see when you get off the plane in BDL is Whalers merch in the gift shops. Love it.
Oh, so you play in airport gift shops. So cute.

I had Whalers sweatshirts that I gave away very recently only because I don't wear them, you buffoon. You get aroused over any Yard Goats or Athletic merch at the gift shop?

Reaction Score
You admitted Lou City is KY's pro team yet you don't give the same credit to Athletic.
Pretty sure I said minor league. It's okay if you don't know how to read. You do realize Lou City and HA are in the same league, right?

Screenshot 2021-07-26 8.27.00 PM.png

Reaction Score
You get aroused over any Yard Goats or Athletic merch at the gift shop?
Sadly they do. I remember a few years ago Whalers fans blowing up social media with photos of the Whalers shirts being sold at BDL. They were acting like they've never seen a shirt before.

Reaction Score
Sadly they do. I remember a few years ago Whalers fans blowing up social media with photos of the Whalers shirts being sold at BDL. They were acting like they've never seen a shirt before.
Don't take my words out of context. I differentiate between the Whalers, who were original with their sports markering, and minor league teams who couldn't come up with new colors and kick a dead horse.

Apparently, some others here can't even grasp that. PETA might have forced the Whalers to change their name in a matter of time.

Reaction Score
What teams do you think acknowledge their affiliated clubs?
Most AAA teams and some AA teams. You really should check out the Yankees affiliates.
Most don't do it with their logo or name because affiliations change.
Well the Goats are stuck with the Rockies for at least the next decade.

Reaction Score
And I wouldn't say most do. Some do, yes. There's loads of originality in minor league sports. Besides maybe the G League now.

Reaction Score
Oh, so you play in airport gift shops. So cute.

I had Whalers sweatshirts that I gave away very recently only because I don't wear them, you buffoon. You get aroused over any Yard Goats or Athletic merch at the gift shop?

You should try it. Oh wait, you’re on the no fly list.

Reaction Score
Who are you even talking too? Do you know? You sound totally #notmad.
Wow! Is it just me or do Whalers fans not know how to read?? Obviously I was responding to your previous comment genius hence why I quoted it.:rolleyes:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Isn't Lou City Kentucky's pro sports team?
Now you're catching on!
Pretty sure I said minor league. It's okay if you don't know how to read. You do realize Lou City and HA are in the same league, right?

I was working with you. Thought you might have a bit of self-awareness or honesty. My bad. You now have the Ignore you crave so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom