Hard things are hard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hard things are hard

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Eh, it could be worse. He coulda said math is hard. I'm going to put this one in the good try pile.

Reaction Score
Not to defend Diaco, but ND defensive coordinator of the year with local ties to NJ was about as good as we could have expected on paper.

Now, had I interviewed him maybe I would have felt differently but most these coaches are crazy in some way or another.
If BC passes on a coach, everyone else should too.

Reaction Score
Very Diaco-esque
Just MHO but Jim is in no way Diaco-esque. He has had major college, NFL coaching experience along with NFL and Fox announcing. These opportunities will never be open for those discussing football and fish cakes.
He simply wasn't ready to be a HC. That's on Ward.
Badda Bing Badda Boom!
Met him at one of those coaches roadshows in NYC and after speaking with him for a bit he just came off as a dullard.
This is not a personal attack and I appreciate ALL UConn fans. Having said that one should realize before calling someone a dullard after meeting him @ the NYC coaches road show...... That show never took place, it was canceled. Sometimes even facts are hard.
Personally just looking for results on the field could care less about his vernacular.

Reaction Score
View attachment 77077

You know what is hard? It’s hard not to love this guy.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so they say. The proof of a college football team is in it’s record. If it doesn’t come together on the field, all the talk in the world is meaningless. But as of today, as of this moment, I truly believe it Jim Mora is something special. People should climb on board today because it’s going to be a great ride.
Chief has that gut feeling too, which is remarkable after all the disappointing football hires.

Reaction Score
Really? Did he didn’t mention anything about winning breakfast.
Or fish cakes or even key backups. But let’s see if he shows up against Central in red pant. That will be the key.

Reaction Score
I’ll be innshow me mode all year. But I love everything he has done to date. As Geno said at the Coaches Road Show, if Mora can’t do it here, no one can.
The head coach along with his assistant coaches as a whole need to gel together. Every member of the staff needs to do his job to the best of of his ability, and focus on things like recruiting, player development, game preparation, etc. A young Randy Edsall had all those things for a few years and the results were remarkable. Jim Mora realizes this and will get the job done.

Reaction Score
So we are back to talking about Diaco and analyzing a turn of phrase coined to inspire the thought that there will be some hard work and suffering required prior to the arrival of success. Would "The price of success is paid in advance" have been a better choice?

Yep, certainly looks like summer is here. Wake me up in six weeks.

Oh, and I am still not completely sold on Mora yet either. But he hasn't put a foot wrong yet. The next twelve games should tell us something, although perhaps not as much as some of us would like.

Reaction Score
Edsall was getting blowback from coaches and players for working them too hard before game day?

Reaction Score
Edsall was getting blowback from coaches and players for working them too hard before game day?
Probably because Randy didn’t work hard. Nobody wants to work for a lazy person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom