Hard things are hard | The Boneyard

Hard things are hard

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1655835574466.jpeg

You know what is hard? It’s hard not to love this guy.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so they say. The proof of a college football team is in it’s record. If it doesn’t come together on the field, all the talk in the world is meaningless. But as of today, as of this moment, I truly believe it Jim Mora is something special. People should climb on board today because it’s going to be a great ride.

Reaction Score
View attachment 77077

You know what is hard? It’s hard not to love this guy.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so they say. The proof of a college football team is in it’s record. If it doesn’t come together on the field, all the talk in the world is meaningless. But as of today, as of this moment, I truly believe it Jim Mora is something special. People should climb on board today because it’s going to be a great ride.
I’ll be innshow me mode all year. But I love everything he has done to date. As Geno said at the Coaches Road Show, if Mora can’t do it here, no one can.

Reaction Score
Yep ...hard things will be hard but....

Ok, when you saw this schedule 2 years ago, everyone who thought NC State would be the highest ranked team on there raise your hands. I do think there are a couple of winnable games here though. Hard things are hard.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm not 100% sold on Mora but that's not fair. Mora is a proven coach. Diaco never truly did anything.

I think Mora has done a great job thus far and I'm pretty optimistic about what he'll do here. Not a comment about their coaching acumen at all.

"Hard things are hard" is just pretty dumb.

Reaction Score
Mora will have UConn soaring within 3 years. He's seemed to singlehandedly change the perception of UConn football from a downtrodden program to one of hope, his staff is young and proven from their previous jobs, recruitment is already been on the uptick and he just seems to want to be here and is an avid promoter of UConn. I'm fully on board with the Mora train.

CL82

Reaction Score
Very Diaco-esque
Nah, I never was a fan of Disco‘s patter. There’s no “winning breakfast“ in anything‘s Mora says. Jim Mora is more Calhoun than Diaco.

But we won’t really know if it means anything until we see the product on the field.

CL82

Reaction Score
"Hard things are hard" is just pretty dumb.
Lol, no, it’s just has a Zen like simplicity. Seriously, that came out of his original presser, and at the time I think it was a mistake, but he’s running with it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lol, no, it’s just has a Zen like simplicity. Seriously, that came out of his original presser, and at the time I think it was a mistake, but he’s running with it.

Is it any worse than KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid.

You hear about spec ops in military saying "embrace the suck".

To me "hard things are hard" is simplistic but a benign reminder improvement is hard.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I'm sure it'll be plastered over monasteries in no time.

Reaction Score
Yep ...hard things will be hard but....

Amazing to see Utah State at no.35 after so many years on the bottom rung of FBS football. If they can do it, it can be done here.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Everything about Diaco was small time, and UConn was the only school that did not realize that. He should have never been a head football coach of a FBS program.

CL82

Reaction Score
Everything about Diaco was small time, and UConn was the only school that did not realize that. He should have never been a head football coach of a FBS program.
His résumé would say otherwise. A whole lot of schools bought into Diaco‘s brand of crazy.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
His résumé would say otherwise. A whole lot of schools bought into Diaco‘s brand of crazy.

Not to defend Diaco, but ND defensive coordinator of the year with local ties to NJ was about as good as we could have expected on paper.

Now, had I interviewed him maybe I would have felt differently but most these coaches are crazy in some way or another.

Reaction Score
Not to defend Diaco, but ND defensive coordinator of the year with local ties to NJ was about as good as we could have expected on paper.

Now, had I interviewed him maybe I would have felt differently but most these coaches are crazy in some way or another.

He simply wasn't ready to be a HC. That's on Ward.

It's purely antidotal, but I was at the Husky Walk for the Virginia game after the debacle at Navy the previous week where we got stopped at the goal line. The poor guy looked like a deer in the headlights. He didn't engage with the team or fans at all. I was also at the BC game where he faked a field goal when it was like 4th and goal from the 15 with the score tied 0-0. I mean he simply lost common sense and then the gibberish seemed to just get more and more bizarre.

If nothing else, Mora should be an adult in the room with experience. He's certainly going about building a roster much differently than anything we've seen before. Whether that works or not only time will tell.

Reaction Score

This. I just think he wasn't ready for a HC job at the FBS level yet. He's a good defensive coach, but his schemes got exposed as soon as they played against some length and speed. Had he stayed another couple years under Kelly, he might have gotten some more experience that would have lead to a better head coaching job. PLain and simple he was in over his head and he was to egotistical to admit that he needed help.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Motivational quotes... phrases...are fine as long as they are authentic. It's so easy for it to feel clichéd. Our last coach was the master of tweeting quotes about accountability and hard work...then doing something else.

At this point....Mora feels authentic. He is not a kid...his words come from experience and success.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This. I just think he wasn't ready for a HC job at the FBS level yet. He's a good defensive coach, but his schemes got exposed as soon as they played against some length and speed. Had he stayed another couple years under Kelly, he might have gotten some more experience that would have lead to a better head coaching job. PLain and simple he was in over his head and he was to egotistical to admit that he needed help.

For the lack of a better term he just seemed like a dumb guy. Lights on but nobody's home type of deal.

Met him at one of those coaches roadshows in NYC and after speaking with him for a bit he just came off as a dullard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom