Hard start for Maya and Stewie | The Boneyard

Hard start for Maya and Stewie

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Maya's FG% and 3FG% are respectively but not respectfully 29.3% and 28.1%.
Stewie's FG% and 3FG% are respectively but not respectfully 28.9% and 29.4%.

Too much basketball in last 12 mos.? Need glasses?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Small sample size

Reaction Score

Maya took the winter off and didn't play overseas, so too much basketball shouldn't be a problem in her case.

Stewart is coming off a knee injury which saw her return early from China, so I suspect that might account for some of her early shooting issues.

Reaction Score
Tough start for other UConn alumnae. Bria Hartley, if I'm reading the stats correctly, has yet to score in four games this year. Kiah Stokes is well below last year's level of scoring. KML got into yesterday's game for less than a minute, and missed a shot.

Reaction Score
Tough start for other UConn alumnae. Bria Hartley, if I'm reading the stats correctly, has yet to score in four games this year. Kiah Stokes is well below last year's level of scoring. KML got into yesterday's game for less than a minute, and missed a shot.[/QUOTE

I watched the second quarter wondering why KML wasn't in the game considering her 3 point shot is falling. Saw here that she got hurt

Reaction Score

Stevie had a good game last night. Maya may not be shooting well, but she is doing everything else

Reaction Score
To add to the list of banged up Huskies in the WNBA:

Sue was grabbing at her left knee and asked to be subbed out of the game at :23.5 left in the game last night. It was coming out of a TO, she had been hit pretty hard a couple plays prior, and she was jogging around attempting to get it loosened up or test movement. Went to the bench grabbing it and moving it around. Not a good sign.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Tough start for other UConn alumnae. Bria Hartley, if I'm reading the stats correctly, has yet to score in four games this year. Kiah Stokes is well below last year's level of scoring. KML got into yesterday's game for less than a minute, and missed a shot.

Yikes! You are correct. Taurasi's FG% (21.2%) and 3FG% (22.2) are worse than either Moore or Stewart.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Strangely, several alums are shooting poorly. Some, like Stewie, are coming back from injury. Some played overseas and may be a little tired or adjusting to the new team. Some, like Maya, took the winter off and may be a little rusty. By the end of the season, I expect that most will be near their historical norms.

With several players, the poor shooting may be partly the results of their shot mix. They need to get some easy layups to offset their jump shooting that is off. Maya may be affected by the Minny offense, which runs a low post through Sylvia, rather than the high post they ran though McCarville.

I saw that Kaleena played only 1 minute last night. I hope she and Sue are ok.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom