Happy It’s Late, It’s Tate, It’s Great Day | The Boneyard

Happy It’s Late, It’s Tate, It’s Great Day

Reaction Score

we always celebrate Kemba Stepback. This day in history is important too as it continued the season that ultimately served as the foundation to all the success we have experienced since. What a pass, what a shot!

Reaction Score
I've seen this literally hundreds of times but never noticed that the ball still appears to be in Tate's hands when the clock hits 000 (pause it). With today's technology and video replays it may not have been good.

Reaction Score
It's insanely close.

Tate.jpg

Reaction Score
I was in Ground Round in Rocky Hill. Dejected and given up. I said "If they win this game, I'll drop my pants and shtt on this table". One of my friends from that night will still say "You still owe Ground Round a shtt"

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No one congratulating Wayne Norman or Bob Picozzi on the call?

The mojo on this board is dead. Might as well have the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No one congratulating Wayne Norman or Bob Picozzi on the call?

The mojo on this board is dead. Might as well have the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor.
So you’re saying that Deepster still owes us a restaurant chit?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It goes by the red light on the backboard, not the clock. It was close but not at all debatable.

Definitely out of his hands before the light.

Reaction Score

we always celebrate Kemba Stepback. This day in history is important too as it continued the season that ultimately served as the foundation to all the success we have experienced since. What a pass, what a shot!

Yeah right after that sofa that were sitting in dorm rooms were being thrown into a bonfire. The whole campus was lit up with euphoria. Before the pass my roommate turned to me and said we weren't finished yet. I was totally distraught. I remember us leading comfortably over the twin towers of Clemson I went to get a pizza in middle of game. Overconfidence never had been a problem at UCONN...our Offense was stymied in second half.

Reaction Score
Anyway you look at it, it was a long arse second.

After that shot I went out and raked the remaining leaves, with full joy. Amazing how our memories work, isn't it? Now I can't remember what I had for dinner two days ago, but I remember the day (it was cloudy and cool) I was raking leaves 30 years ago.

Still pissed Tate wasn't able to tip the loose ball upcourt the very next game. Weird that I remember that as equally as I do the shot. Can't remember though what I did after that game, too much booze will do that to you, I suppose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Speaking of Picozzi, he's got quite the recognizable voice. To the extent that I heard a real familiar voice out at a dive one night during hoops season and actually asked him why I know him from somewhere from a couple seats away. Told him I grew up watching him do sports on tv. He was there with his ESPN counterpart after calling the GW game that night. Great guy, actually talked with him for a while. Never knew he called that game. Interesting.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I'm 13, watching with my old man.

My dad turns off the TV in anger.

I say, c'mon let's just see what happens. Flip the TV back on.

It happens.

My mother comes out of my parents' bedroom thinking something bad happened because my dad and I are running through the house screaming.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I absolutely love that shot and they showed it to us during freshman orientation in 92 in Storrs (everyone loved it) but I always remember pulling my hair out watching that lead vanish and feeling so dejected after Clemson went up. Thank god for that pass and shot! :)

Reaction Score
I was sitting behind our basket in the student section. The arc on the pass made me think that he overthrew it, I thought that we were going to catch it in the seats, my heat sank.....

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I was there, was leaving the building to beat the crowd, walked down the aisle to watch the shot heading directly towards me

I remember thinking it counts if it goes in, the ball was clearly halfway to the hoop when the buzzer sounded

bam

two days later the basketball gods took it all back, that's just not right

Reaction Score
I was there, was leaving the building to beat the crowd, walked down the aisle to watch the shot heading directly towards me

I remember thinking it counts if it goes in, the ball was clearly halfway to the hoop when the buzzer sounded

bam

two days later the basketball gods took it all back, that's just not right
I can still see Tate running out of bounds against Duke - we were so close!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I was 25 rows up right behind Scotty, with Clemson fans ragging on me - fingers in my face and I am standing looking around them and all of them missed the pass and shot. When I throw my hands up and yelled they all turned in unison!! I was there for the next game too which we won't talk about

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom