Hanging With The Rich And Famous | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hanging With The Rich And Famous

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There are several orders of magnitude difference between this video and the ubiquitous videos of Paige showing off her 'fits." The most mind-blowing and culturally significant part is when Draymond tells his son "Say 'what's up' to those super stars". It was also significant that when Paige invited Draymond to come to UConn, he said "It might be difficult to get to Stores". I was stunned that he knew exactly where UConn's campus is, and that he knew from Storrs. I guess it truly is the basketball capital of the world (thanks to the sustained success of the women's team). The cherry on top was Draymond's promise to visit. Steph and Kobie, notorious"girl dad's", are one thing. Draymond is a whole 'nother other.
I’m sure Draymond knows exactly where Storrs is. When he was a sophomore at Michigan State, MSU upset the Huskies in the Final Four. UConn, led by Kemba Walker, returned the favor in 2011, upsetting #2 MSU in a early season tournament despite Draymond’s 22 points. That was an awesome game :)

Reaction Score
I’m sure Draymond knows exactly where Storrs is. When he was a sophomore at Michigan State, MSU upset the Huskies in the Final Four. UConn, led by Kemba Walker, returned the favor in 2011, beating #2MSU despite Draymond’s 22 points. That was an awesome game :)
What a great piece of history! I am at best a casual follower of the men's team. I certainly remember that amazing 11 game run in 2011, but did not realize that MSU and Draymond we're among those that got mowed down. Come to think of it, that year probably contributed as much to the basketball capital of the world narrative as any of the women's championships.

Reaction Score
I’m sure Draymond knows exactly where Storrs is. When he was a sophomore at Michigan State, MSU upset the Huskies in the Final Four. UConn, led by Kemba Walker, returned the favor in 2011, beating #2MSU despite Draymond’s 22 points. That was an awesome game :)
Well done, HuskyNan... good UConn history there.

I'm not concerned one way or the other about how often Paige an/or Azzi are on social media and show up here on the Boneyard. My only thought here is that I hope (and expect) the two young women recognize Draymond is and has been since his Spartan days about 180 degrees away from the type of athlete young men and women should emulate.

Reaction Score
hopefully nobody looks upto Draymond Green.

50 technicals a season, 2 pts a game, berates and bullies referrees, cheap shots players in private areas. Glad he was embarrassed Game 3 and benched game 4.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What a great piece of history! I am at best a casual follower of the men's team. I certainly remember that amazing 11 game run in 2011, but did not realize that MSU and Draymond we're among those that got mowed down. Come to think of it, that year probably contributed as much to the basketball capital of the world narrative as any of the women's championships.
My post was poorly written. The 2011 game was early in the season as part of a tourney in Hawaii. My fault for the incomplete info.

I loved that 2011 championship team. What a likable bunch of guys.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Steph would be smart to invite Paige and Azzi again (for 3 pt shooting drills) for the potential game 6 victory after Steph could not put the 3-ball in the ocean in game 5.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Nest stop. Maybe Barclays on Sunday to see Sue Bird off properly.
Tonight Sue and the Storm are in Connecticut at Mohegan to play the Sun. Maybe they will show there to lend their support. Support for the Sun of course.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tonight Sue and the Storm are in Connecticut at Mohegan to play the Sun. Maybe they will show there to lend their support. Support for the Sun of course.
I think another day trip into NYC is more fun. (Maybe another whole team activity). Sue did say she will be seeing Geno, CD, the rest of the old coaching staff etc on Sunday so I am guessing that is the target and it might be a cool team thing.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the team may be at the Storm’s games in Conn. and NYC. At least 4 of them—Azzi, Paige, Nika, and Carol— were at game 6 last night.

Reaction Score
Paige is second on list but who's picture is biggest? :)
Olivia is on top of Paige. Olivia Paige "Livvy" Dunne is an American artistic gymnast and social media personality.

Sunisa Lee is third for her Olympic outstanding performances.

Reaction Score
Okay, I've been trying to stay off this topic. I think we are about to find out if all this attention and NIL money is going to make UConn players less hungry. Maybe winning a championship just isn't the most important thing to players these days. Maybe Dawn's advantage is her girls are hungrier to win.
And she has the best post in the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Have already seen Nick Saban come out and say it's a bidding war for players.
Are you freakin' kidding me? It's always been a bidding war for players and Nick always came out on top. Until this past recruiting season, that's why he's complaining.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Okay, I've been trying to stay off this topic. I think we are about to find out if all this attention and NIL money is going to make UConn players less hungry. Maybe winning a championship just isn't the most important thing to players these days. Maybe Dawn's advantage is her girls are hungrier to win.
I'm thinking when Dawn's players are offered money, they are going to say "yes, thank you." Advantage: Push

Reaction Score
Are you freakin' kidding me? It's always been a bidding war for players and Nick always came out on top. Until this past recruiting season, that's why he's complaining.
if you're saying Nick Saban cheated please find proof of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom