Hanging With The Rich And Famous | The Boneyard

Hanging With The Rich And Famous

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Steph to Azzi "Tell your parents I said 'what's up'"

Draymond to Paige "Hey. You're incredible" Then to Azzi "Both y'all are incredible".

Pretty amazing. Make hay while the sun shines - hopefully more recruits see this and want to be a part of it. We've lost out on numerous high profile recruits, even since Paige has been at UCONN. I know the exposure is great for brand value, as @CL82 pointed out, but I've not really seen any "bump" in recruiting cachet...

I totally agree btw, I'm just wondering if there will be anything tangible we can look at and say "wow they came because of Paige/Azzi", or "they were interested because of all the social media presence of Paige and Azzi". I mean I know it can't hurt - but... Where's the beef!! :p

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I know we are in the social media age but I'd much rather they be taking pictures of national championship trophies or rings.....
Patience grasshopper. Believe me, I'm feeling you. :cool: All things in time.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Draymond to Paige "Hey. You're incredible" Then to Azzi "Both y'all are incredible".

Pretty amazing. Make hay while the sun shines - hopefully more recruits see this and want to be a part of it. We've lost out on numerous high profile recruits, even since Paige has been at UCONN. I know the exposure is great for brand value, as @CL82 pointed out, but I've not really seen any "bump" in recruiting cachet...

I totally agree btw, I'm just wondering if there will be anything tangible we can look at and say "wow they came because of Paige/Azzi", or "they were interested because of all the social media presence of Paige and Azzi". I mean I know it can't hurt - but... Where's the beef!! :p
A side note. You know how we ALWAYS notice who/what is in the background of phots and videos that are posted here. Azzi and Paige where ON THE FLOOR of the arena. This was probably after the game. I don't think Draymond would eat that plate that soon before a game. If it was pregame, the plate may have been for his child. Care to bet if they received free passes to that game? :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know we are in the social media age but I'd much rather they be taking pictures of national championship trophies or rings.....
I rather not get a daily collage of photos Paige has been on either. There are other players on the team.

Reaction Score
It’s the off season. Tia the season to work on your brand, gaining more instagram followers, negotiating NIL deals, and increasing your net worth. Basketball workouts can wait until the fall.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
. I know the exposure is great for brand value, as @CL82 pointed out, but I've not really seen any "bump" in recruiting cachet...
Give it time. I also think that Marc Damelio‘s work to enhance the social media brand value of UConn athletes is going to pay big dividends.

AgStatesman

The Boards Most Rational Poster
Reaction Score
Okay, I've been trying to stay off this topic. I think we are about to find out if all this attention and NIL money is going to make UConn players less hungry. Maybe winning a championship just isn't the most important thing to players these days. Maybe Dawn's advantage is her girls are hungrier to win.

Reaction Score
It’s the off season. Tia the season to work on your brand, gaining more instagram followers, negotiating NIL deals, and increasing your net worth. Basketball workouts can wait until the fall.
hope you are not being serious about that

Reaction Score
Okay, I've been trying to stay off this topic. I think we are about to find out if all this attention and NIL money is going to make UConn players less hungry. Maybe winning a championship just isn't the most important thing to players these days. Maybe Dawn's advantage is her girls are hungrier to win.
Try not to live on ifs and maybes. If you do, maybe your outlook would be better?

Reaction Score
Yes, but who will have the bigger NIL deals and more Instagram followers?????? Brand, brand, brand, brand, brand !!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

Your joking right??

Reaction Score
Yes, but who will have the bigger NIL deals and more Instagram followers?????? Brand, brand, brand, brand, brand !!!!!!!!
comments like this are a concern and why coaches are worried. What comes 1st, your team and basketball/football or your social media? Have already seen Nick Saban come out and say it's a bidding war for players. Can only imagine things to get worse

Reaction Score
There are several orders of magnitude difference between this video and the ubiquitous videos of Paige showing off her 'fits." The most mind-blowing and culturally significant part is when Draymond tells his son "Say 'what's up' to those super stars". It was also significant that when Paige invited Draymond to come to UConn, he said "It might be difficult to get to Stores". I was stunned that he knew exactly where UConn's campus is, and that he knew from Storrs. I guess it truly is the basketball capital of the world (thanks to the sustained success of the women's team). The cherry on top was Draymond's promise to visit. Steph and Kobie, notorious"girl dad's", are one thing. Draymond is a whole 'nother other.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure why this is an either/or situation. I have a job where I work more hours than many and I do it well. I also have side hustles that I do well. I also have an active social life and I’m active on social media. All of those things make me a well rounded human being. If all I did was focus on work, I’d be miserable and my work would probably suffer as a result. I think you can and should have more than one focus in life (like, hopefully, all of us do).

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

We’ve gone through a string of years in which we hauled number one players but we were not satisfying roster needs, thus playing a bunch of number one players with overlapping skill sets along with a 6’1” center. We were looking like how Tennessee used to recruit.

The most recent recruiting classes we did not get the highest ranked recruits, but we got highly ranked recruits that satisfy the diversity of roster needs.

Perhaps you are faulting the quantity recently? Sometimes quantity is the price paid for setting a quality standard. The coaches assessment matters most on this, more than you or me. Then of course hindsight will matter most of all.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Good publicity for Paige is good publicity for UConn. Any tweets or Facebook posts about any of our girls with other famous athletes puts UConn in a good light as a program. Professional athletes talking about UConn makes for good attention, and recruits always find a way to view all of this. Its off season, recruiting is in full swing, and any help from "the help" can only put our program in a positive spotlight.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good publicity for Paige is good publicity for UConn. Any tweets or Facebook posts about any of our girls with other famous athletes puts UConn in a good light as a program. Professional athletes talking about UConn makes for good attention, and recruits always find a way to view all of this. Its off season, recruiting is in full swing, and any help from "the help" can only put our program in a positive spotlight.
Yea, really, they are using "their brand" to promote "UCONN brand". It's all good. Everybody wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom