Gunpowder (HBO) | The Boneyard

Gunpowder (HBO)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Someone found the 10 years of English history that didn't have its own TV show or miniseries, and so we have this. Unlike virtually all the other takes on English history, in this one, Protestants are bad, and Catholics are good. I haven't bothered to look up the historical accuracy, but I suspect the factual basis is stretched pretty thin. Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) produced it and kind of stars (more on that in a moment), and is apparently a direct descendant of the character he plays. This wasn't produced for HBO, but HBO is running it.

Through two episodes, and it is really, really good.

Liv Tyler proves she is still alive, barely. Harrington is technically the star, but he gets swamped by a cast that is a collection of second tier character actors who crush it. The actors playing William Wade, Lord Cecil and Guy Fawkes are excellent. It almost feels like they reduced Harrington's role after they started filming, because while he gets top billing, he doesn't feel like the star.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Finished it. It doesn't deserve any awards or anything, but it was well done and entertaining. Well spent 3 hours.

Reaction Score
I will say this: I have it DVRed... no idea if I’ll ever watch it, but I have it DVRed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom