Guard Distribution of Minutes/Points Per Game | The Boneyard

Guard Distribution of Minutes/Points Per Game

Reaction Score
Five guards is a luxury. Plus having high volume scorer like Newton. Also Alleyn, Diarra and Calcaterra being able to hit from deep. Hawkins back and better as a sophomore. That is a lot of scoring power not to mention Jax being able to swing as a point forward. Danny has a lot of options. Does he go with a four guard offense similar to what Jay Wright used to perfection at NOVA. Who does everyone see getting the lion's share of the minutes and who takes a back seat? Will Newton be content with scoring less than 17.7 a game as he was a high volume scorer on a bad team? Are Diarra, Alleyn and Calcaterra ready for the bright light's of Gampel? The only downside is not enough playing time to go around and will there be issues when these guys don't get "theirs" - shots and points. That is always the issue with the portal. Culture has to win out. Fascinating to talk about as we hit the summer lull with hoops talk.

Reaction Score
Newton 30 - Diarra 10
Alleyne 25 - Calcaterra 10 - Diarra 5
Hawkins 30 - Jackson 10
Jackson 20 - Karaban 15 - Samson 5
Sanogo 30 - Samson 5 - Clingan 5

30: Newton, Hawk, AJ, Sanogo
25: Alleyne
15: Diarra, Karaban
10: Calcaterra, Samson
5: Clingan

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You have no idea. SAMSON has the biggest variance in projected PT on the roster. Could be anywhere between 5 and 25 mpg. He might be more talented all around than Karaban but he is definitely still more raw.
But if he's playing 20-25, that likely means UConn is a better team. We need to hope he earns those minutes, because his ability to make this team very dangerous is so high. I think 10-15 is about the floor for him, because I think he will play some behind Sanogo.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I like the potential of next year’s team. One key question I have is how well Adama kicks it back out. We have a lot of potential fire power. Adama being willing to kick it out to the open three point shooter‘s makes everyone’s life easier. I think he’ll get there, but we are a better team if the ball goes through Sanogo. Take the easy layup if there or if not find the open man.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom