Gronk comes out of retirement, traded to Tampa to reunite with Brady | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gronk comes out of retirement, traded to Tampa to reunite with Brady

Reaction Score
How do you think he got healthy enough to come back?

I always wondered if a 1 year sabbatical would add another couple years on the back side.

I had a feeling he was always gonna be back, I actually thought it would be last year at mid season for the Pats, Jason Witten whose 37 retired that one year to be a color analyst on MNF and returned last year.

Reaction Score
From what I read, the trade was just for his rights. There is no guarantee he is coming out of retirement. If Tampa has talked to him without the Patriots permission, the Patriots could gain more draft picks as compensation for tampering.

Reaction Score
I don't know. I was just quoting what I read. I think it was CBSsport.com

How do you even prove it, I honestly dont understand why its a big deal in professional sports.

Reaction Score
How do you even prove it, I honestly dont understand why its a big deal in professional sports.
The main reason for me sharing this was because it differs from every other story which makes it seem like it is a sure thing that Gronk returns to football. All last season he teased that he was returning and it was just him playing. Who knows what goes through his mind? I would think if it was a done deal that he wasw playing, the Pats would have gotten more. I would love him on the Eagles.

Reaction Score
Some guy probably said they were stuck with Brady when he took over for Bledsoe too

Most of the time you end up with Tommy Hodson instead of the GOAT.

Reaction Score
The main reason for me sharing this was because it differs from every other story which makes it seem like it is a sure thing that Gronk returns to football. All last season he teased that he was returning and it was just him playing. Who knows what goes through his mind? I would think if it was a done deal that he was playing, the Pats would have gotten more. I would love him on the Eagles.

Belichick tried to trade him to Detroit for a 4th rounder 2 years ago.

Gronk nixed it and threatened to retire. He then played his final year hobbled.

I don't know if he feels rejuvenated but the fact is, Tampa already has 2 pretty good TEs, so I expect Gronk's minutes will be managed, and that might help him stay fresh.

Reaction Score
Man I hope he doesn't get hurt if he makes it back on the field. He sounded legitimately relieved to have gotten out with his body reasonably intact. Who knows where his brain'll be in 20 years but I'd really like him to be able to walk away from act two in decent shape. In the meantime, I hope they both play great.

Reaction Score
The main reason for me sharing this was because it differs from every other story which makes it seem like it is a sure thing that Gronk returns to football. All last season he teased that he was returning and it was just him playing. Who knows what goes through his mind? I would think if it was a done deal that he wasw playing, the Pats would have gotten more. I would love him on the Eagles.
He told he wants to go to Tampa or stay retired.

Reaction Score
He should be good to go for 8-10 games. But he hasn't made it through a season in a while. And he is playing with fire. I really hope Tampa limits him in terms of snaps. You only get one brain. It is said he has had up to 20 concussions. He needs to be careful.

Reaction Score
Man I hope he doesn't get hurt if he makes it back on the field. He sounded legitimately relieved to have gotten out with his body reasonably intact. Who knows where his brain'll be in 20 years but I'd really like him to be able to walk away from act two in decent shape. In the meantime, I hope they both play great.
Supposedly he has had over 20 KNOWN Concussions. Probably has had well over a hundred Cuncussions

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
God I love salty Boston sports fans

Boston media <> boston sports fans. Boston media is the worst sports media in teh country. Miserable c-words.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Classic Boston sports fan. The guy is 30. His body is probably as healthy as it's been in a decade. He's never had any issues missing stretches and getting right back into it. But now that he's not a Patriot, he's washed up and cooked. LOL.

Are you kidding? Dude has one of the most beat up bodies over the past 10 yrs, taken as much punishment as anybody. Easily. Has taken so many major injuries. To pretend like he should be playing ball is down right laughable. Dude had internal bleeding after last season and retired because of it. Had some real bad concussions.

Nobody is saying he's washed up. But there is a time limit on a body. Hope he doesn't get too injured this year

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Gronk the entertainer act was getting really old, much rather see him on the gridiron then his trying too hard to be funny act. Its gonna be a crazy 30 for 30, "Bill vs Tom".

Don't think measuring Bill vs a 43 yr old Brady in a brand new system and all new personnel will tell us much. If we had a 33 year old Brady, you might have something

And they'll play head to head like once

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Hope TB takes Edelman too.....all the aging parts gone. Let BB start over instead of having to overpay guys well past their prime.

Edelman's contract is so team friendly they'll keep him for sure. They need receivers. They aren't dealing their best one on a (comparatively) small cap deal. He's a Pat through 2021 for sure

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Nah, TB was in a position of strength. They've got a real good tight end and tons of weapons. They didn't need to sign him. Certainly not now. But BB wanted it done before the draft, so he took what he could get.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Are you kidding? Dude has one of the most beat up bodies over the past 10 yrs, taken as much punishment as anybody. Easily. Has taken so many major injuries. To pretend like he should be playing ball is down right laughable. Dude had internal bleeding after last season and retired because of it. Had some real bad concussions.

Nobody is saying he's washed up. But there is a time limit on a body. Hope he doesn't get too injured this year

Also had a back surgery prior to even getting to the NFL, at Arizona as a 21 year old ...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Most Patriots fans agree with me that this is great for the Patriots. We traded [nothing] plus a 7th round pick for a 4th round pick. Outstanding result.

This whole situation with Brady has been helpful to sort out the pink hat wearing Brady fans from actual football fans. Good riddance to them, maybe I can finally get tickets to games. More than happy to not be spending $25M a year on an over the hill 43 year old QB that can barely move, and can't make outside throws more than 15 yards downfield anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom