Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drew Brees

• Jim Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Make your choice. Mine is kind of out there, also keep in mind how the game has changed over the years.

Reaction Score
List is a bit watered down there with guys like Jim Kelly, Roger Staubach and Elway even listed. No way you could make any legitimate argument on either of them. And it'd be really uphill on guys like Unitas or Otto Graham at this point.

(I voted Brady. Can't see how the end tallies are even close here.)

Reaction Score
List is a bit watered down there with guys like Jim Kelly, Roger Staubach and Elway even listed. No way you could make any legitimate argument on either of them. And it'd be really uphill on guys like Unitas or Otto Graham at this point.

I don’t know what your problem is but Jim Kelly is the only NFL QB to ever lead his team to 4 consecutive Super Bowls, and Staubach and Elway are both in the Hall of Fame. They’re not near the top but all three deserve to be there.

Reaction Score

Actually I could of watered it “up” if I hadn’t forgotten Ken Stabler, Joe Namath, and Phil Sims. Stabler along with Staubach were maybe the two best QB’s I can remember at running the “2 minute drill”. Sims still holds the Super Bowl record for single game completion percentage (22-25).

Reaction Score
I don’t know what your problem is but Jim Kelly is the only NFL QB to ever lead his team to 4 consecutive Super Bowls, and Staubach and Elway are both in the Hall of Fame. They’re not near the top but all three deserve to be there
A) You could ask 100 people to name their Top 5 QBs of all time and none of them would put Jim Kelly on that list.

B) Those 4 years they went to the Super Bowl?
24 TD/9 INT
33 TD/17 INT
23 TD/19 INT
18 TD/18 INT
Total = 98 TD/63 INT

Reaction Score
It's Brady and I don't think it's really that close. You could argue Montana, and lose. Don't even think there's an argument for anyone else
Over 5,300 yards for a 44 year old absolutely sick, didn’t miss a single game in a 17 game season, only adding to his legacy.

Reaction Score
A) You could ask 100 people to name their Top 5 QBs of all time and none of them would put Jim Kelly on that list.

B) Those 4 years they went to the Super Bowl?
24 TD/9 INT
33 TD/17 INT
23 TD/19 INT
18 TD/18 INT
Total = 98 TD/63 INT
Then go make a top five list and we can argue about that. Your original reply stated Kelly didn’t belong on my list of choices with 15 names, not five, and actually I should added three or four more choices. I take it you don’t believe Kelly should be in the HOF either, which he is. What about Staubach, Elway, Unitas and Graham, other names you said didn’t belong in any all time list with FIFTEEN names?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Then go make a top five list and we can argue about that. Your original reply stated Kelly didn’t belong on my list of choices with 15 names, not five, and actually I should added three or four more choices. I take it you don’t believe Kelly should be in the HOF either, which he is. What about Staubach, Elway, Unitas and Graham, other names you said didn’t belong in any all time list with FIFTEEN names?

Take a deep breath. Relax.

I said your list was watered down and I listed a handful of players that I thought could never, ever, ever win the discussion....or even be part of a serious discussion for "Greatest QB in NFL History" (your poll heading)

I never said Kelly doesn't belong in the HOF. And I don't need to "argue" with you about my choices. You threw your list out there, then didn't like when someone had an ounce of criticism on it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's Brady and I don't think it's really that close. You could argue Montana, and lose. Don't even think there's an argument for anyone else
You could also argue Eli, being the only one to beat Brady head-to-head twice in the Super Bowl.

You would also lose, but it's fun to watch people's heads explode when you make the argument.

Reaction Score
You could also argue Eli, being the only one to beat Brady head-to-head twice in the Super Bowl.

You would also lose, but it's fun to watch people's heads explode when you make the argument.
Didn’t Brady have Gronk and a great offensive line to block for him? He’s still in my top three, just saying there are a few others who had crappy offensive lines but still put up great numbers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom